How to enroll in 5 subjects per semester (1 Viewer)

VLTURBO

HSC
Hi, just wondering how to (and who to see) to enroll in 5 subjects this semester. I can't do it through e-student as it will only let me add four subjects. Btw i am doing b commerce - accounting and looking to add marketing 101 to my subjects. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
Cheers

maka

HSC
You need to fill in a form.

The form is "application to complete more than 14CPs in a semester" or something along those lines.

Available via Student Portal in undergraduate forms.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
If you're first year they wont let you do >14cp. Otherwise, download the form that maka mentioned, and take it to any academic in your division (EFS?)... but its always easiest to take it to the academic advisor.

Good luck :)

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
MaryJane said:
If you're first year they wont let you do >14cp.
not true, hun. They can get approval, without the form, if the academic advisor signs their 'proposed timetable form' appropriately. Generally, though, this only happens with ACST students, and requests to do >14cp in a single semester for other students seem to be turned down. That's my experience with the newies this year, anyway. :)

Either way, the student needs to enrol in as many units as possible, and their last unit will be enrolled in for them by MQ staff IF/WHEN the approval is... well, approved.

Last edited:

weiwern28

HSC
N/A
It's generally pretty hard but I managed to get approval for my semester at uni and have done been doing 5 units up to now which is my 4th semester... gotta stop killing myself...

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
weiwern28 said:
It's generally pretty hard...
...didn't want to discourage VLTURBO, but now that it's been said, I'll agree: it's hard(er than the usual 12cp, at least).

Depends on the subject, too, though. Problem I ran into (with 5 units, 14cp) is there just wasn't enough time to get all the assessments and stuff done. Conflicts and overlaps in assignments increase about 5-fold, and there's that extra exam to do, too.

taz2006

HSC
N/A
hi, im enrolled in 3rd year doing Commerce-accounting. i'm thinking of doing the following units next semester..never done 5 units..but im determined...i guess..rly just wanna get over n done with it..let me know what you think..anyone done 5 units at the end of graduation or 3rd yr? cheer

ACCG323 Financial Acc Theory & Prac
ACCG340 Auditing & Assurance Services
BUSL320 Revenue Law
STAT279 Operations Research I- elective (cuz i'v been told its easy) ur comment?
Buslaw350 - Marketing and management law (sounds easier than the other 3rd yr lvl commerce related electives.) your comment?

and also has anyone done or know of any 2nd year level electives available in the winter vacation? I don't think for 2nd year electives it needs to be a commerce related elective.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
^ urm i don't think anything is offered in the winter im pretty sure
only inov101 is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)