how to fit homework and organisation (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i have organised a timetable for study and i have put up what subjects to study and when etc. but, one thing i find difficult to fit in is the homework, coz everyday it fluctuates and sometimes i find i am giving up time on certain subjects coz i had to do homework/assessment. so how'd you guys cope with this?

also how the hell did you guys organise sheets? by topics? i've got so much sheets that its not funny.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
YESSSSSS!!!!!! I AM DA FIRST ONE TO POST IN THIS FORUM FOR 2003!!!!!!!
arhhh ...

i was so disorganised ... i only had note for two of my five subjects ...

flyingdude

not in my world :D

im on holiday in hong kong

3 hrs behind u ^^

well if you find you end up not doing certain things

i suggest you make your timetable realistic

dont write your gunna spend 3 hours on physics etc... on one day blah blah

because you know its hard to keep the determination going by setting an unrealistic timetable

ask yourself if you can really afford to do things and set your priorities straight

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
YESSSSSS!!!!!! I AM DA FIRST ONE TO POST IN THIS FORUM FOR 2003!!!!!!!
aww too bad the time didnt say 12:00

Rahul

Dead Member
i have organised a timetable for study and i have put up what subjects to study and when etc. but, one thing i find difficult to fit in is the homework, coz everyday it fluctuates and sometimes i find i am giving up time on certain subjects coz i had to do homework/assessment. so how'd you guys cope with this?

also how the hell did you guys organise sheets? by topics? i've got so much sheets that its not funny.
i think that time tables dont work....u can think like ur pumped up to do 4-5 hrs of work when u make the time table...but wen it comes to the crunch u cant b bothered or u will try to make 'adjustments'.

wat i recommend is dat u go home.....say rest for an hour or two and then start ur homework.....if u make time slots then u most of the times end up ignoring them.

i am the master planner......probably the most organised person i have come across(organised in the sense that i will fix up all my sheets and books so nicely....i noe where to find everything!) but the thing is that i dont use my resources effectively. the only reason for this is the amount of tym i dedicate towards my work.

so wat i would say, have a rough idea of wat u r gonna do....the key words in dat sentence is gonna do....there is no point in organising ur tym and not doing the work!!!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I have a simple answer, don't use timetables - for me anyway, they simply didn't work. I just did what I felt like keeping in mind that I needed to devote extra time to english cause it was my worst subject.

I don't know how people stick to timetables. I mean I think they are too rigid and annoying for my liking, and I found I could never stick to them.

You don't have to have a timetable to be organised. I mean I was mentally organised that I didn't need a timtable.

I suggest that ppl just do what is best for them.

Christine

beige member
HSC
i used to organise my notes in 4 ring binders with alot of diveders .

eg for ancient history the first section would be miscellaneous notes that covered how to approach essays etc

the second section would be my first topic, starting off with a copy of the syllabus and then all my notes

third section would be second topic

u get the picture

then i would have a section for assesment tasks

then a section for past papers and old exams.

good luck :)

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Christine
i used to organise my notes in 4 ring binders with alot of diveders .

eg for ancient history the first section would be miscellaneous notes that covered how to approach essays etc

the second section would be my first topic, starting off with a copy of the syllabus and then all my notes

third section would be second topic

u get the picture

then i would have a section for assesment tasks

then a section for past papers and old exams.

good luck :)

omg.....there r ppl on thsi forum who do things so much lyk me.....this is weird.....no to mention arousing.....na jus joking heheheh

pri

HSC
N/A
timetables dont work for some as they have impossible goals and also a routine has to be established and most ppl cant b bothered

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC

how come?? coz every single book on how to study makes it imperative that u use timetables... my only prob. was fitting influctuating homework (as mentioned)
Cause i don't need to. I don't listen to those study books, I do what best suits me, I still ended up getting 98.5 for my UAI so I'm happy with how I studied.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Re: Re: how to fit homework and organisation

Originally posted by Rahul

i think that time tables dont work....u can think like ur pumped up to do 4-5 hrs of work when u make the time table...but wen it comes to the crunch u cant b bothered or u will try to make 'adjustments'.

wat i recommend is dat u go home.....say rest for an hour or two and then start ur homework.....if u make time slots then u most of the times end up ignoring them.

i am the master planner......probably the most organised person i have come across(organised in the sense that i will fix up all my sheets and books so nicely....i noe where to find everything!) but the thing is that i dont use my resources effectively. the only reason for this is the amount of tym i dedicate towards my work.

so wat i would say, have a rough idea of wat u r gonna do....the key words in dat sentence is gonna do....there is no point in organising ur tym and not doing the work!!!
Hmm that's true that you plan how you're going to spend your time really well but when it comes to the crunch you really can't be bothered.
For me though... I've been following a timetable for probably about 2 months and it's worked out really well for me. It forces me to study and I'm really glad I went with it because the night before my 2u maths exam I was watching movies and bludging & still ended up doing really well. I mean yes there are times where you really cannot be screwed studying at the time you're supposed to be but if you have the will power then timetables are great.
I think some people .. I know I do... need to have a plan set out for the day. I prefer to know what I'm going to do when so everything is organised otherwise I get tense because things seem out of place. Yes... yes routine is good - it is some sort of security :p

Last edited:

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul

omg.....there r ppl on thsi forum who do things so much lyk me.....this is weird.....no to mention arousing.....na jus joking heheheh
eh, don't scare me like that!

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Oraganising notes-Get a ring binder for each subject. Then just divide it up using those cardboard divider things into each different module or chapter within that subject, and just put in all the sheets as you go. And put a section at the front with all past exam papers in it so you can quickly find them. Easy.
Even if it seems like one folder per subject might be too much-start organising it like that now anyway, cos I guarantee you-the sheets just keep building up and up! I actually had 2 folders for biology and english by the end, cos there were just too many sheets. And file them away as soon as you get them, otherwise you'll end up with huge stacks of them everywhere, and have to spend hours just sorting them out.

All the sheets really was a waste now that I think about it, cos I'd just put my sheets in a folder then never look at it ever again...the only things I ever went back to were old exams. The pile of papers I was throwing away at the end reached halfway up my leg...and thats just handout sheets, not written notes school books and stuff. What a huge waste! :(

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
All the sheets really was a waste now that I think about it, cos I'd just put my sheets in a folder then never look at it ever again...the only things I ever went back to were old exams. The pile of papers I was throwing away at the end reached halfway up my leg...and thats just handout sheets, not written notes school books and stuff. What a huge waste
yeah handouts are a nuisance i mean something written in your book is much better and you r more likely to go back to it. but sometimes you just get info from handouts and put in your notes and after that you might as well chuck it away.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
neh .. handouts are useful for revision, when you are looking through your notebook/folder ... its just like the rest of your resources, which you look through before exams ... although i see where your come from ... :) ... handouts are just pieces of paper, and usually you can rely on textbooks ...

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC

yeah handouts are a nuisance i mean something written in your book is much better and you r more likely to go back to it. but sometimes you just get info from handouts and put in your notes and after that you might as well chuck it away.
That's a great idea... using the info from handouts for notes. Less clutter that way because I could chuck the handouts away... thanks :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)