How to get full marks for Tute attendance and participation (1 Viewer)

danielau

HSC
Hi,

Relative to the course FINS1613, a fraction of the final grade (10%) is based on "Tutorial attendance and participation". I was wondering how hard it is to get the full 10% in this component. I feel that the homework from myfinancelab worth 10% is basically free and would like to get the 10% from attendance/participation too tallying a GRAND TOTAL OF 20%! Anyways... what must I do to get these marks? "HD: Attend at least 80% of tutorials. Participate on a regular basis providing insightful, clear answers and/or thoughtful questions highlighting difficulty with the material." Does this HD mean 85-100% of the 10%? I don't get what mark range is HD for participation if you know what I mean... Or does getting a HD mean the full 10%? Is asking one question a tute sufficient or do I really need to be in the middle of every discussion? Am I worrying about something not worth worry about - Just show up and you get the 10%?

Thanks

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
It varies between tutors. Some tutors only need to to answer one question per tute and thats it. Some require more to get the full marks.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
It's pretty easy I got full marks for attendance and participation by just answering a few questions in class each week.

michaeljennings

HSC
yea its not too hard, unfortunately i wont be able to attend my fins1612 and fins1613 tutes one friday due to a camp so i wont be able to get 100% for tutorial participation

danielau

HSC
Oh ok, thanks everyone. Free 20% towards final grade!

yea its not too hard, unfortunately i wont be able to attend my fins1612 and fins1613 tutes one friday due to a camp so i wont be able to get 100% for tutorial participation
That's unfortunate :/
EDIT: Wait, I think you still can because to get a HD for that component you only need to attend 80% of tutorials. You should be fine as long as you don't skip anymore!

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Economics say there is no such thing as free - the no free lunch principle.

There are always opportunity costs :)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
get the tutor a present in the last lesson and most likely you will get full participation marks

danielau

HSC
get the tutor a present in the last lesson and most likely you will get full participation marks
I have a feeling if I get my tutor an awesome present and suck up to them with the "YOU'RE THE BEST TUTOR EVER" remark then that may actually work... Will get back to you on that one when semester ends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)