How to get into Medicine (1 Viewer)

PierreThomas

HSC
Before I start, I'm not looking to get into medicine - I'm just really confused about how to get into it. Say for e.g. if I wanted to get into Medicine at Sydney University, what would I need to do? What is the cut-off and is it offered to undergrad students or only postgrad? And what is the point of UMAT if it's only offered to postgrad students?

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey,

There are two possible ways you could get into medicine:

- Complete an undergraduate degree. Enter through post grad medicine which is only offered at USYD and a few other institutions. This requires you to sit the GAMSAT. You cannot enter with UMAT.

- Enter directly from high school, or from your uncompleted undergrad degree into undergrad medicine which is offered at many universities including, UNSW, UWS, UNE.. The entry through this is either through a high ATAR combined with a high and comepetive UMAT or a high GPA/WAM (dervived from your undergrad degree) and a high UMAT. If you have sucessfully passed addmissions, you will be required to sit a series of mini-interviews.

I don't know much, I hope someone else will be able to provide a greater insight, but this is from my understanding :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)