How to go to american uni's ?! help (1 Viewer)

arjiparji

HSC
N/A
ive been wanting to go to america to study post grad . or even transfer during my undergrad study.

i finished year 12 this year and going commerce at maquarie (atar of 88).

i have done my SAT - around 1900.

however i cant afford to go to american uni's cause they dont have inernational aid.
is there anyway i can do it go overseas through maquarie uni ? or post grad ?
without paying full price..

i have a canadian citizenship if it help s !?!?

thanks

Wingstroke

Banned
HSC
Just do the 'year abroad program' at an Australian uni. If you go to a Go8 here you can pick from a great list of US colleges.

arjiparji

HSC
N/A
Just do the 'year abroad program' at an Australian uni. If you go to a Go8 here you can pick from a great list of US colleges.

sorry im new to this can u elaborate what this program is and also what Go8 is

Wingstroke

Banned
HSC
sorry im new to this can u elaborate what this program is and also what Go8 is
are you Australian..?
the Go8 just refers to the 'group of eight' universities. i.e;

melb uni
monash
UNSW
USyd
UWA
UQ
ANU
Adelaide Uni

'Study abroad' is a program where you can go and study at an overseas uni for one or two semesters...
You really come across as an idiot no offence.

arjiparji

HSC
N/A
jeez living costs are like $30 ,000 USD . which i cant afford.
anndd planning on going to maq

artist91

HSC
If your an international don't bother applying unless the college is need-blind. Of course, with these schools thousands more people apply making it harder to get a spot.

Just do an exchange through Mac.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I suggest you look into postgraduate studies in America rather than undergraduates. There is really not much point doing undergrad over there to be completely honest.

For postgrad applications, you will need excellent marks from your undergraduate degree and is prepared to do the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Doing some volunteering activities will also help.

Good luck!

X

xeuyrawp

I suggest you look into postgraduate studies in America rather than undergraduates. There is really not much point doing undergrad over there to be completely honest.

For postgrad applications, you will need excellent marks from your undergraduate degree and is prepared to do the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Doing some volunteering activities will also help.

Good luck!
^ This. In this subforum, there are like 100 threads that are exactly the same. In the end, they all boil down to the fact that doing UG in the US is pointless unless you're either very rich, stumble upon a scholarship, or have a big niche area.

PG, on the other hand, is great in the US.

Foodie

HSC
N/A
Unless you can secure yourself a full-ride scholarship which covers living expenses, it'll be extremely expensive to study in the US. Every college has different costs, but that said, you don't have access to financial aid (federal pell-grants or similar), or discounted "in-state" tution, so you will be looking at having to self-fund your tuition (looking at $20K p.a. for community colleges and bottom-tier colleges). This obstacle is exacerbated by high living costs in popular areas such as CA or NY, and the fact that your student visa will not permit working meaning you will be leeching off your 'rent for awhile.

Your best bet is to go the most economical route by doing student exchange -- at the very least, your tuition costs can be deferred with HECS-HELP / FEE-HELP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)