How to improve in english (1 Viewer)

boredsatan

HSC
How do you improve in english, if you're really weak at the subject

Frostguard

HSC
I'm probably not qualified to say this but improving in the Area of Study can be done in many ways. In my opinion, you must at least know the definition of your AOS, I did Belonging for mine and received 24/25 (probably didn't deserve it but I'm not complaining). What better way to show your understanding of your AOS concept by giving your own definition? I just used words from the rubric eg Belonging is defined as having security, fulfilment and acceptance from connections with people, placed, groups, communities and the larger would.

Next would be seeing your weaknesses whether it is your points or statement you're trying to prove or your evidence and techniques to back it up. Look up past papers or just generally answer questions in that you can form a thesis or general statement and then back it up with evidence. If it is a written text, use techniques that aren't too fancy but one you understand and know how to use eg word choice, emotive language, alliteration, there are tons more you can use. If it's a visual text, same thing applies, use techniques you know how to easily apply eg salience, vectors, mise en scene. In my opinion, English is all about writing in a way that flows and like my teachers say, if they read a sentence and stop, repeat it to themselves then the sentence is one that does not make sense or is strong.

Not sure what else to write but just remember to brush up on techniques, examples, quotes and also time management- crucial factor that makes or breaks a student. I myself don't really have advice on time management but I'm sure there are good posts out there which greatly detail how you can cope within the time restrain during exam conditions. Good Luck! :D

thienlyma90

HSC
I think Watching English movies with subtitles are a great way to improve your English speaking ability. I’ve tired this and got a lot of help but to get more experts you have to take an English Course.

boredsatan

HSC
I'm probably not qualified to say this but improving in the Area of Study can be done in many ways. In my opinion, you must at least know the definition of your AOS, I did Belonging for mine and received 24/25 (probably didn't deserve it but I'm not complaining). What better way to show your understanding of your AOS concept by giving your own definition? I just used words from the rubric eg Belonging is defined as having security, fulfilment and acceptance from connections with people, placed, groups, communities and the larger would.

Next would be seeing your weaknesses whether it is your points or statement you're trying to prove or your evidence and techniques to back it up. Look up past papers or just generally answer questions in that you can form a thesis or general statement and then back it up with evidence. If it is a written text, use techniques that aren't too fancy but one you understand and know how to use eg word choice, emotive language, alliteration, there are tons more you can use. If it's a visual text, same thing applies, use techniques you know how to easily apply eg salience, vectors, mise en scene. In my opinion, English is all about writing in a way that flows and like my teachers say, if they read a sentence and stop, repeat it to themselves then the sentence is one that does not make sense or is strong.

Not sure what else to write but just remember to brush up on techniques, examples, quotes and also time management- crucial factor that makes or breaks a student. I myself don't really have advice on time management but I'm sure there are good posts out there which greatly detail how you can cope within the time restrain during exam conditions. Good Luck! :D

boredsatan

HSC
I think Watching English movies with subtitles are a great way to improve your English speaking ability. I’ve tired this and got a lot of help but to get more experts you have to take an English Course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)