• We have a few events lined up for the October school holidays!
    Watch this space...

How to increase essays from consistent 16/20 to 19-20/20? (1 Viewer)

bigboybenson

HSC
Hi all,

As the title says, in most of my economics essays I've consistently gotten 15-16-17's and, frankly, am tired of not improving despite my best efforts. What do I need to include to get 19's or 20's, especially in the upcoming HSC exam? I'm already planning to write many practice essays, but would like some info on where to start improving.

I include diagrams, relevant stats and examples, good theory, and all my teachers say I have good content. Any lyf hax? Tips and tricks? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
~BBB

GucciChips

HSC
honestly i have the same issue, especially in English. Any tips would be appreciated!

beetree1

HSC
Listen to teacher feedback, talk to your teachers about it and they'll probs go thru it step by step with u and give you tips on how to improve next time.
When writing essays, i would recommend looking at the criteria and writing as if you are 'answering' the criteria.

If you get in B ranges, if your essay was really good, the chances are, your essay didnt respond to the question well enough. Remember: A badly written essay that responds to the question will get a better mark than a very well written essay that doesnt respond to the question! So use your planning time and stuff wisely!

Heresy

HSC
There is a guy on YouTube called 'EconPlusDal' that has essay plans and whatnot for economics, his channel is mainly focused on GCSE and A level economics in the UK, but I guess the same principles can be applied.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)