How to know when it's going well? (1 Viewer)

sourmilk

HSC
I'm writing a critical response and it's been going well, however I started to read one of those Young Writers books and I feel like i've reached an impasse. Obviously the works within the Young Writers books are all good, however I feel as I'm not too entirely sure whether my critical response is at a solid point where I can submit it in knowing I aimed for an E3-4 range. It's my teacher's first time teaching Extension 2 so I don't think she has a clear idea or indicator on how well my progress is going.

As of now I feel a lil bit self-conscious, since I'm trying to integrate humour in a critical response compared to the formal ones, but I fear I might come across informal.

vibham

HSC
Hey! As a student doing your form, and having also compared myself to the YWS's in the past, I know how you feel. It's important to remember that Extensions 2 is a completely unique course, and for good reason! The fact that you're attempting to do something different is something that they're going to remember. Plus, there is nothing wrong with an informal critical. Some are even known as creative criticals, which I have read before in a YWS. If you have put time, dedication and passion into your work, I honestly believe you'll be fine.
As we near the deadline, be confident with what you have achieved, and good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)