how to prepare for year 11? (1 Viewer)

libestraumno3

HSC
^ could be about anything (studies, subjects, exam prep, time management, social life etc.)

year 11 seems more daunting than year 12 for some reason idk why

carrotsss

HSC
Don’t stress too much, you just have to make sure you understand everything as you’re going through it and you don’t fall behind on schoolwork and you’re chilling tbh

What subjects are you doing?

libestraumno3

HSC
Don’t stress too much, you just have to make sure you understand everything as you’re going through it and you don’t fall behind on schoolwork and you’re chilling tbh

i'm doing:
3u eng
3u maths
eco
modern
chem

HSC

I agree 100%. Also studying and going over your notes through the year can save you a lot of stress and time at the end of prelims. That’s really all there is to it tbh

d1zzyohs

HSC
Yeah, Year 11 shouldn't be taken seriously except for maths and sciences. seriously, this is your last few terms before you lose your braincells trying to study. I had lots of fun in year 11, and I don't regret my marks, because I don't think I'd be mentally sane enough to ace year 12.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Lol imagine preparing for yr 11. Tbh I reckon you should try and chill/ properly take a break. It will be a while before you have another holiday that would be considered “free” of any work.

carrotsss

HSC
i'm doing:
3u eng
3u maths
eco
modern
chem
I can’t speak too much for the rest but for chem and 3u maths it’s especially important to stay on top of everything, I’ve seen countless friends miss a lesson or two and just get completely overwhelmed and stop trying.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
^ could be about anything (studies, subjects, exam prep, time management, social life etc.)

year 11 seems more daunting than year 12 for some reason idk why
Tbh only thing I'd recommend is testing out study strats before you go into year 12 so you know what works and what doesn't work.

thatnormster

HSC
the biggest mistake of my life so far is giving a shit about year 11 honestly lol even though prelims are about to end tomorrow and its a bit too early for me to say this

sure it sounds really huge because its a year before the HSC but just be chill about figuring out what study methods work for you, take initiative in your learning, and if you don't get good scores to hell with it. it doesn't matter at the end of the day. :]

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
naila said:
how much do y11 marks matter? can i still get a high atar (99+) if i kinda screw up in my y11 t1 exams? probably a dumb q but i feel pretty bad rn, need some reassurance and motivation to get over my marks :/
Provided you are not accelerating any of your subjects, your year 11 results do not affect your HSC results or ATAR in any way. Year 11 essentially acts as a time period during which you can determine and optimise your study strategy as well as determine the best combination of subjects that you should keep as you approach and start year 12.

The only effect that unfavourable performance in a year 11 assessment task/exam is that your chances of receiving an early offer to a particular university degree through an early entry scheme that considers year 11 results would become lower. However, your goal of achieving a 99+ ATAR would indicate that you are aiming to study a degree with a high ATAR requirement. The only degrees with such high ATAR requirements are usually the Doctor of Medicine and the Bachelor of Laws and, to my knowledge, the Doctor of Medicine is not included under such schemes.

With that being said, achieving an ATAR that high means that you would no longer need to worry about early entry schemes, as standard ATAR-based entry would pretty much be guaranteed for most degrees.

In short, the answer to your question is yes, you can definitely still achieve a 99+ ATAR, and your potentially unfavourable marks in your year 11 term 1 exams will have no effect on your HSC results or ATAR.

I hope this helps! 😄

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Provided you are not accelerating any of your subjects, your year 11 results do not affect your HSC results or ATAR in any way. Year 11 essentially acts as a time period during which you can determine and optimise your study strategy as well as determine the best combination of subjects that you should keep as you approach and start year 12.

The only effect that unfavourable performance in a year 11 assessment task/exam is that your chances of receiving an early offer to a particular university degree through an early entry scheme that considers year 11 results would become lower. However, your goal of achieving a 99+ ATAR would indicate that you are aiming to study a degree with a high ATAR requirement. The only degrees with such high ATAR requirements are usually the Doctor of Medicine and the Bachelor of Laws and, to my knowledge, the Doctor of Medicine is not included under such schemes.

With that being said, achieving an ATAR that high means that you would no longer need to worry about early entry schemes, as standard ATAR-based entry would pretty much be guaranteed for most degrees.

In short, the answer to your question is yes, you can definitely still achieve a 99+ ATAR, and your potentially unfavourable marks in your year 11 term 1 exams will have no effect on your HSC results or ATAR.

I hope this helps! 😄
what ab accelerated?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
what ab accelerated?
This was just referring to the case where an accelerant is completing the year 12 course of a subject in year 11, in which case all of their results in that subject would count towards their overall HSC mark and ultimately their ATAR. If the OP is not accelerating any of her subjects, then this does not apply to her.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
how much do y11 marks matter? can i still get a high atar (99+) if i kinda screw up in my y11 t1 exams? probably a dumb q but i feel pretty bad rn, need some reassurance and motivation to get over my marks :/
yes u can i didnt do as good in some of my subjects as i wanted to but still copped it which is cool

pogchampion

HSC
Personally, I think you should try and ace at least 1 year 11 exam block so that you know what kind of work you need to put in and what strategies work for you. Apart from that, don't stress too much about it.
However, do note that some Y11 content comes up in Y12 depending on the subject you do.

MissKrabappel

HSC
Year 11 is a year we’re you get to trial study techniques that suit you and further allow you to consolidate a foundation for your HSC subjects. In addressing your question “Do year 11 marks matter?” It is entirely dependent on what you want to do, if you want to receive early entry offers and apply - year 11 results do somewhat Matter in that retrospect. However, don’t be disheartened if you haven’t performed as well as you had prompted. Atar doesn’t matter and there are many pathways to the dream. To conclude, it’s up to your perception if your marks matter as it is dependent on what you want to do. Thank you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)