How to prevent rote learning Perms and Combs? (1 Viewer)

planino

HSC
I'm okay with the easier questions, but the harder questions throw me off completely sometimes.
The possibilities of questions are endless, but I find it hard to not rote learn this compared to e.g. differentiation/integration.

SO how can I improve my understanding of this topic without migrating toward rote learning?

HSC
I don't understand how one can 'rote learn' perms and combs.

What you should be doing is setting out each of the cases (if there are) and thinking about what exactly are you doing: selecting or arranging or both or with what restrictions.

There is no formula that you can 'rote learn' off O_O

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You do the questions logically. That's all there is to it, really.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Kn0w dat f33l

The way they word the questions confuses me and throws me off so i just give up lol
hire a better maths tutor then

*cough*

Last edited:

planino

HSC
Mmm I'll just set out my working better then, and give my answers a second thought

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
hire a better maths tutor then

*cough*
hire Shadow - guaranteed to improve!

ps: my observation - maths requires a logical mind; people weak at maths are poor in deductive reasoning, and as a result, resort to "rote learning" to sidestep this shortcoming.

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
hire Shadow - guaranteed to improve!

ps: my observation - maths requires a logical mind; people weak at maths are poor in deductive reasoning, and as a result, resort to "rote learning" to sidestep this shortcoming.
Thank you Drongoski, I am greatly honoured, and you are very kind! Should stop by the next study meat again, methinks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)