How to push extended responses from 18/19 to 20 (1 Viewer)

swagmeister

HSC
Hey,

As I am assuming that HSC marking is stricter than my school, currently I feel as if I would be hitting around 18 or 19 out of 20 in terms of the extended responses. I'm sure many people are in a similar boat.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to push up your responses just the slightest bit to ensure you're pulling 20/20?

Cheers,
swagmeister

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
solid content in your responses is a must for th 18-20 ranage. to get 20, you'd need to be really concise and succinct. everything needs to be relevant. none of that rambling on bullshit.

swagmeister

HSC
solid content in your responses is a must for th 18-20 ranage. to get 20, you'd need to be really concise and succinct. everything needs to be relevant. none of that rambling on bullshit.
quantity in some cases can be quality though, I agree don't ramble but if it ends up long that can still be really good

swagmeister

HSC
Make sure you hit every relevant dotpoint from the syllabus.
As in like describe them all?

I've always thought the best way was to list them but focus on a few specifics, especially for something with literally so many different things e.g. operations strategies

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
As in like describe them all?

I've always thought the best way was to list them but focus on a few specifics, especially for something with literally so many different things e.g. operations strategies
Yeah focus on those that are only relevant and make sure your case study content is relevant

Silly Sausage

HSC
It'll have to exceptional, talking to several English HSC markers they've said usually essays that receive 20/20 are literally "30/20 essays". They also mention that the "20/20" sample essays the teachers give you as an example only just meet the minimum requirements of a 20/20 essay.

Examine

same
HSC
I doubt you need to cover every dot point relevant to the question.

Just cover up enough and make sure that each paragraph provides completely answers the question/what you're arguing and make sure there aren't any holes in your reasoning

For the case study question make sure that on top of this you continuously provide examples to reinforce your points and that's about all you can do really. As long you've covered enough points to fully answer the question and covered each point comprehensively, then there's not really anything a marker can pull you up on.

If aligning hasn't changed much since 2012 then getting 18+/20 in the HSC for the essays should be good enough for 94+

Last edited:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I doubt you need to cover every dot point relevant to the question.

Just cover up enough and make sure that each paragraph provides completely answers the question/what you're arguing and make sure there aren't any holes in your reasoning

For the case study question make sure that on top of this you continuously provide examples to reinforce your points and that's about all you can do really. As long you've covered enough points to fully answer the question and covered each point comprehensively, then there's not really anything a marker can pull you up on.

If aligning hasn't changed much since 2012 then getting 18+/20 in the HSC for the essays should be good enough for 94+
If someone manages to pull of a 20/20, they should really be cracking a SR. 94-95 would be disappointing with a 20/20 in my opinion because a lot of us achieved that with 17-18s

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
If someone manages to pull of a 20/20, they should really be cracking a SR. 94-95 would be disappointing with a 20/20 in my opinion because a lot of us achieved that with 17-18s
I already have RoT's essays (They're godsend) but would you and/or examine have an exemplary essay responses (preferably for free) ?

swagmeister

HSC
I sense pressure haha... especially after getting full marks for both ER's in trials and getting 99/100 overall... really hoping I can pull high nineties raw and SR so we'll see!

But yeah I definitely agree with your point, it's hard to lose more than like 3 marks in total in all of MC and SA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)