How to quit a tutor? (1 Viewer)

W

wongsym

How would you quit a tutor??
Please gives suggestions...
I want to stop my english tutoring but I don't know how to break it to her /o_o\"
she's a really demanding peron and I don't know what to say
please give me some adivce =)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
wongsym said:
How would you quit a tutor??
Please gives suggestions...
I want to stop my english tutoring but I don't know how to break it to her /o_o\"
she's a really demanding peron and I don't know what to say
please give me some adivce =)
Just tell her that you know how to handle the basics so that you can study by yourself.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Tell her that you no longer want or need her services. Its your money and you should not fell that you must keep attending.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Do you go to your tutor? If that's so, don't go to her. Get your mobile phone shut down for few weeks will solve all the problems. Tutors are used to that. By that time, tutor will know that you would like to discontinue.

HSC
As a tutor myself, I'd like to point out that it's important you tell your tutor that you no longer require her services. Tutors have lives too, as hard as that is to imagine and they should know that you're no longer coming so that they can give your time slot to somebody else.

Just tell her politely that you're busy at the moment and you want to take a break for some time. She won't kill you.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
wongsym said:
Yea I don't want to be rude...
The thing is I'm actually pretty bad at english and we both know it
just that her teaching style doesn't suit me...
how can I do it politely....????

then I have to look for a new tutor ==
yea anyone who knows a great tutor PLEASE pm me
or reply to this thread
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=171362
Then, say to your tutor that you wish to take a break for English for a moment. I think that's the best excuse you can make. Once your break goes for a month, she will stop calling you or caring about tutoring you.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Just harden up. You're paying her, she doesn't really like or care about you, you don't have to be nice to her.

dehaitest

HSC
N/A
If it's not money problems and you're fine with her fees, tell her that her teaching style does not suit you. Tell her what you want - you're paying for it, and you should be satisfied. Ask her if she could treat/teach you differently to her other students. If she can't, politely say that you need to be taught in some way and thus the need for another tutor.

hairspray

HSC
  • stop attending lessons
  • tell her that your parents said that they don't want you to go tutoring anymore
Remember to do it with confidence cos after all it is YOUR money and good luck =D

HSC
N/A
Just stop going. Or, if she comes to you, don't answer the door.

Or else, "Thank you for tutoring me, but I will not be requiring your services anymore. Also, could you please leave with me the contact details of any other English tutors you know of whose styles of teaching differ from yours? Thanks!"

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Electioneering said:
Or else, "Thank you for tutoring me, but I will not be requiring your services anymore. Also, could you please leave with me the contact details of any other English tutors you know of whose styles of teaching differ from yours? Thanks!"
That's the worst thing that I would possibly say!

I am being quite serious here. I would never say such a thing!

mrz ronaldo

HSC
best thing to do is to tell her that you have no up coming assessements and that you do not require her services at this point in time and that when you do you will contact her but by then she would of just forgot....problem solved

.deimonic

HSC
If your tutor is as demanding and strict as my previous math tutor, I advise you not to lie. Trust me I tried and she picked me out in one second.

Me: This is my last lesson here.
Her: WHY?!
Me: Um...because I live too far
Her: Well that's a pathetic excuse ain't it?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
.deimonic said:
If your tutor is as demanding and strict as my previous math tutor, I advise you not to lie. Trust me I tried and she picked me out in one second.

Me: This is my last lesson here.
Her: WHY?!
Me: Um...because I live too far
Her: Well that's a pathetic excuse ain't it?
Are you serious? I never expected tutor to go that far! I mean, I wouldn't even say that even if I was the tutor and knew you were lying!

.deimonic

HSC
lyounamu said:
Are you serious? I never expected tutor to go that far! I mean, I wouldn't even say that even if I was the tutor and knew you were lying!
Yep dead serious. She's really evil and scary. If you don't do your homework each week she yells at you. She yells even louder when you do bad in her exams.

EDIT: Holy crap! What if she visits BOS? I hope she doesn't read this post.

W

wongsym

LOL I don't want to lie to her either
maybe I'll just tell her the truth
hmm thanks guys for all the advice =)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
Do you go to your tutor? If that's so, don't go to her. Get your mobile phone shut down for few weeks will solve all the problems. Tutors are used to that. By that time, tutor will know that you would like to discontinue.
That's pretty rude :eek:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
What's wrong with the 'live too far' excuse?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)