How to refrain from distractions (1 Viewer)

si2136

HSC
N/A
I don't know how someone can get addicted to this forum.

Mach_1

HSC
It's just me okay, don't ask
Nah i get u. Sometimes particular theads on this forum can be quite addicting.
For those of u having issues with fb, change it to a computer generated password, write it down and give it to ur parents. That way u only use it when u rlly need to KD

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
For those of u having issues with fb, change it to a computer generated password, write it down and give it to ur parents. That way u only use it when u rlly need to KD

Okay someone here understands me for once lol

But what I do (many thanks to one user on this forum. Shall credit him by putting his name up here, Sien) is activate stayfocusd so then it blocks me from this forum from time to time

Also thanks to another user (Dragon900) there is another program called "Coldturkey" which can block sites for you

For programs like Steam, I have no idea of what you use in order to block that. I think coldturkey

Mach_1

HSC
Okay someone here understands me for once lol

But what I do (many thanks to one user on this forum. Shall credit him by putting his name up here, Sien) is activate stayfocusd so then it blocks me from this forum from time to time

Also thanks to another user (Dragon900) there is another program called "Coldturkey" which can block sites for you

For programs like Steam, I have no idea of what you use in order to block that. I think coldturkey
Do they work on incognito mode.? U can bypass programs on google chrome such as adblock by going incognito..

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Do they work on incognito mode.? U can bypass programs on google chrome such as adblock by going incognito..

Stayfocusd works on Chrome (not too sure about incognito)

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC

Yes, you go to the page where you have your extensions, find your specific extension,tick the box that says incognito, you're g to go (y)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Is it possible to use Stayfocusd on an ipad or phone? (Sien asking you)

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC

If I give my parents my FB..I'll get my ass kicked lol

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I'm so glad I have stayfocusd activating again :)

Now to concentrate without the need to spend so much time on BOS :)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I felt the need to revive this thread after so long

@Rathin-this is how I get distracted by this forum

It's X'o clock and I've decided to go on BOS. Whenever I go on BOS, I'm supposed to do something educational (e.g. posting a question for help and/or looking into the threads for exam advice of some sort) and then all I a sudden I tell myself, before I make my educational post, I'll just look around in the threads to see if there's any interesting conversations, so I look into the chit chat threads and look at the conversations and after wasting an hour doing that I just realised "Oh shit, I wasted 1 hour looking through all the conversations when I was supposed to come here for 10 minutes and post my question(s) and/or look for exam advice/study technique. What am I going to do?"

You see how I get distracted by BOS now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)