How to repeat year 12/HSC (1 Viewer)

The Savior

HSC
Hey everyone, I was just wondering how to repeat year 12. I am not definitely going to do it and I know everybody will say it's a bad idea, but how does it actually work? Like, because you don't get your ATAR until December, would you start in January, hence missing out an entire term. Also, how do they calculate your school ranking? Because the 2016 year 12 class would have done assessments in each subject during term 4 (october-December), how would they determine my ranking if I was to repeat with them? Any help would be appreciated!
Just to clarify that I am going to finish the HSC, but I procrastinated a lot and I am not confident about how I well go in my exams. However, I am most likely not going to be repeating. I just wanted to know a bit about the procedures for repeating so I have that information.

Last edited:

michaelhannigan

HSC
You'd start in Term 4 with the new year 12's in your school. You better tell your school ASAP though. Next term is term 4? So how can the upcoming year 12 students already completed assessments??? I reckon after you inform them, they will just inform BOS that you are not completing the HSC this year and will be repeating. But it is best to consult the school. But instead of facing school again. Why not just complete the HSC through TAFE? Or what about considering different options? You probably heard of this but there are so many options to get into university. First off, are you ACCESS applicable? If yes you have a lot of options. Even if you aren't and if you can get an ATAR of 50. You can get into UWS and then transfer with credit and that will only waste I don't know 6 months. Why waste an entire year? I mean mate this is your call. But I really think you should consider something better for yourself. Good luck mate.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You will presumably be repeating the same courses you did in Year 12 this year so you will do 'make-up' assessment tasks at some point in Term 1 and go from there. When you have finished your HSC exams this year you will return to class straight away.

The Savior

HSC
do i go back like right away, e.g. my exam finishes in week 4, so would i go back week 5 or something?

Fiction

HSC
Don't quote me on this, but I thought you could take the HSC again without having to do it with a school...?

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
Im a working adult as well so I don't know if it fits into my schedule. But I have no doubt that learning it in a class room environment would enhance my learning rather than learning it on my own. I also am interested in other subjects possibly languages and humanities.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
The course fee is $980. I assume that fee is for a full-time student studying.

I remember doing the equivalent of Year 12 again as a repeat student in my home state ( i did it more so for the interest) and from memory it was around $100 a subject for a year. I just can't be bothered ringing them up but if I didn't have work commitments holding me back I'd definitely be interested. But as you get older you learn that work, study can burn you out at times.

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
There are other ways to get into university such as TAFE courses and pathway programs.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
Im not interested in going to uni as I already have a degree from university. I want to do the HSC because I have never done it before. What schools or TAFEs offer this option?

Kaido

be.
HSC
Im not interested in going to uni as I already have a degree from university. I want to do the HSC because I have never done it before. What schools or TAFEs offer this option?
Didn't you mention a while back that you were undertaking a few HSC courses?

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
I had a look at Campbelltown TAFE which offered HSC as they offered that through an 18 week course:

https://www.tafensw.edu.au/course/161-19361V01-15CBT-071/hsc-studies

Seeing as it is offered mid-year, I get the feeling its a years worth of work condensed into 18 weeks.

ATTENDANCE
Course duration: 20 hours per week for 18 weeks, 4 days per week

Not sure if thats for 1 subject?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)