How to Start Chapter One??? (1 Viewer)

rockatheart

HSC
N/A
I'm about to start my chapter one, but the problem is I don't know how to began writing it. Do I start with a definiton or just jump straight into it or use another approach? I have looked at different PIPs and all seem to beginning in a different manner from one another. I've spoken to my teacher about what content is to be including into my chapter, but it the structure and writing style is what I'm confused. I'm very lost, I'm in great need of help

bleu

HSC
hey,

writing style and structure etc all depends on your topic really. There will be heaps of different ways to do it that will compliment what you're trying to say.
I think the best thing to do is just to WRITE...write something even if its crap.
Remember: You can't edit a blank page!

Try an approach and see how it turns out. You'll probably change it two, three probably more times. But you'll never really know how to write it until you actually try a few different approaches. Immediately, you'll be able to eliminate some, see problems in others and eventually come up pick one you like.

Make sure to integrate all the relevant secondary and primary research and you'll be fine. Just start typing something down and you'll go from there :)

lol hope my rambling attempt at helping actually, well, helps!!

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
ahh i started chapter one today. its awful! and my teacher wants a new or rewritten chapter every 2 weeks until the end of term. i suppose its good in a way, since it will force me to actually do it lol but also bad because well i just cbf!

rababtt

HSC
im starting chapter one now... too..

cept my PIP is due next monday. :D

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
i just jumped right in lol, id say just start writing however u feel comfortable the check with ur teacher to see if its ok

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)