• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How To Start Of In The Bar Tending Industry? (1 Viewer)

Crazyrob69

HSC
Hey Guys,

I've recently done my RSA and Bar Skills course.
And I want to get straight into bar work preferably at a night club.
Where is the best place to get this sort of training to learn the drinks and tricks etc.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
i just got my RSA too, out of curioisty, what did u think of the bar skills course ?
its called like barintro or something isnt it?

im fairly sure aside from researching on the net or books, the club will teach u on the job. 80% of people will want something simple like a beer or bourbon and coke. only a small amount of order will be cocktails and what not. and more experienced staff will generally handle those till u learn the ropes so to speak

Evilo

HSC
Now that you have done both your rsa and bar skills course go into the clubs during the day - introduce yourself, have a cv handy and chat them up. TEll them to give you a yell if they have any jobs. Dress smartly. You might even want to suss out the joint before you arrive - so they know you just havent seen the place and decided you want to be here. It would also give you a bit of a head start (if) they give you a tour.

If you have a penis (male) then no doubt you'll start as a glassie (thats what they do here in act - rsa or bartending skills not needed). If you dont (have a dick) then your striaght onto the bar. Most bars will give in house teachings too.

Dont choose all the fancy clubs to apply for. If its uber expensive they will expect you to be able to do more. Apply for a range and go on what you'll get out of it. Remember a better paid job isnt necessarily the best in the long term - (if your trying to make a career out of it). Some bars will offer you staff bonuses etc. One here provides free "V" for staff and has special discount cards for them etc etc
I hope this helps
Regards
EvilO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)