How to start studying (1 Viewer)

jonhysmitw2

HSC
How do I actually begin studying after taking a long break? I know what I need to do such as doing practice questions, but I cannot get myself to do it, how do I get over this?

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
This seems like a mindset problem, you seem to be lazy. The best thing you can do now is just start, the hardest part is always starting. It will be much easier to keep going once you start

jonhysmitw2

HSC
This seems like a mindset problem, you seem to be lazy. The best thing you can do now is just start, the hardest part is always starting. It will be much easier to keep going once you start
Once I start though I can't seem to keep consistent, like I always tell myself I'm going to study at least 3 hours a day, but I only do 1 or like none at all. How do I stay consistent after starting?

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Once I start though I can't seem to keep consistent, like I always tell myself I'm going to study at least 3 hours a day, but I only do 1 or like none at all. How do I stay consistent after starting?
What makes you get distracted during this process?

gazzaboy

HSC
One way that I've found helpful in getting started is to ask yourself to just do 1 practice question, or just do practice questions for 1 minute. This is a version of the 2-minute rule by James Clear.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
How do I actually begin studying after taking a long break? I know what I need to do such as doing practice questions, but I cannot get myself to do it, how do I get over this?
this actully happened to me for mx2 bc the questions were tedious and annoying so i couldnt be bothered them

What u need to do is first generate a spark of determination then slap yourself in the face (twice) and sit tf down and start working '
i swear just get started and itll get easy

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
I just feel like I've done enough and get bored so I just stop. I think I tell myself that 'i know everything' and that its common sense.
someone help me with this aswell i keep opening instagram
Idk how to control myself ( i dont want to delete the app bc i need it)

hehe43

HSC
Just start doing stuff and you'll slowly pick back up. You might not be 100% efficient right from the start but you'll get there. If you're really struggling, start with a small amount of study, so small that you can't not do it, say 30 minutes one day, and gradually increase until you're at your best. Good luck champion.

carrotsss

HSC
Hide your phone somewhere, put it someplace that is an inconvenience to get ... don't have it near you when you're studying
Also always keep it on do not disturb (not just silent) so it doesnโ€™t buzz and make u wanna check it

But generally Iโ€™ve found once you get into a habit of not opening your phone while studying, you stop needing to hide it etc because you just donโ€™t reach for it in the first place.

MissKrabappel

HSC
Give yourself a break and take breaks constantly and relax (balance is so good). Try also rereading your notes and comprehend them, put your notes away and try to actively recall what your learning. dont be too harsh on yourself :))

pogchampion

HSC
If you're having trouble getting started from a break, or are studying but are also getting distracted, I like to dedicate one day to doing no work and doing something fun. The mentality afterwards should be; 'I've had my fun, now I gotta get stuff done'.

This beats having really long study sessions when you aren't putting in 100%, or breaks where you're mindlessly scrolling social media.

I hope this helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)