how to study a boring subject???!! (1 Viewer)

zeee1999

HSC
no offence to any modern history enthusiasts on here , but does anyone have tips on how to study a subject like modern for hsc especially if you find it extraordinarily tedious and boring??? the thing is i know i can get a band 6 in it as it is essay orientated which is my forte , however i find it hard to properly study it without falling asleep!

for trials i had to study in one day and was on the verge of a mental breakdown i literally put all my papers down in my room for everything and skimmed over them , managed to get a band 5 , however i forgot a couple major details in my nazi essay that prevented me a 90 or so :p thats why i want to adequately prepare this time around

Last edited:

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
no offence to any modern history enthusiasts on here , but does anyone have tips on how to study a subject like modern for hsc especially if you find it extraordinarily tedious and boring??? the thing is i know i can get a band 6 in it as it is essay orientated which is my forte , however i find it hard to properly study it without falling asleep!

for trials i had to study in one day and was on the verge of a mental breakdown i literally put all my papers down in my room for everything and skimmed over them , managed to get a band 5 , however i forgot a couple major details in my nazi essay that prevented me a 90 or so :p thats why i want to adequately prepare this time around
Are there any particular learning strategies that you like to apply when studying?

zeee1999

HSC
Are there any particular learning strategies that you like to apply when studying?
i feel like i learn and retain more when i rewrite something out , however in the case of modern its a very content heavy subject so i dont wanna waste my time doing that - i was thinking about doing essay plans to past questions

igotoschool

HSC
try read it aloud as if teaching a class, or turn the notes into a story aloud. Observe how the events snowball and progress and lead to other events. Remember, only a month or 2 of this shit and you'll never have to look at it again. Better make the most of it : - )

red152

HSC
Just break up what you need to study into bits and dedicate specific times to study it. It makes it easier for me. Even if each session is short, it all adds up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)