• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How-To-Study Effectively Techniques Workshop (1 Viewer)

Iunny

hey rebecca, i was wondering does ur workshop force ppl to study?

or do you teach ppl to study?

i'm looking for things that force ppl to study

HSC
Well, Im not sure how I can exactly "force" people to study?? I suppose I could integrate a follow up plan of some sort???

Any ideas guys?

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Simple, make them pay $10000 bond, and every week they report to you on what they studied, quiz them to make sure they did the study and give $500 back if they pass :D

ok that was stupid, I'm going crazy...

Iunny

no, just make study sessions

its like study camps just that, you don't have to live there

i'm trying to find something like that, something like study camps minus the living part

HSC
I was already organising that for the June/July holidays... but not sure now because people arent willing to travel

jesshika

supreme being
where is it again ??

and what kind of lectures will yu be providing ?

i'm not really into the 'survive the hsc' by relaxing and stuff .. cuz i find them useless...
im into what iunny n suvat said ... study sessions where hand outs will be given and also tests and quizes

HSC
lol....I was planning to hold them out in the Western Suburbs, with handouts, lectures, pop quizzes, a collection of Past papers, with Answers, etc. And any other materials I could find into a booklet/folder sort of thing...

Lectures...hmmm....not so much lecture. I was planning to begin with a lecture (say first half hour or so), and let you all take notes and get from that whatever you wish. Then open it to an interactive forum where you can ask questions/debate/etc... then from there, was planning to go through examples of "A-Grade" work, and show the specific differences between the "A" and "D" quality. Show how to gain maximal study time for whichever subject the session you attend is...

Just to name a few things....but it will be highly interactive Lots of note-taking opportunity, and a folder of organised notes, related material, etc...

However, as I said, people arent willing to travel to Western Suburbs for it, so I'm probably not going to do it now as people have been too negative and skeptical about it.

Shiloh

HSC
Our school had this dude come and give 'advice'....it was really a waste of time, we could've been doing revision...

jesshika

supreme being
im interested ..
!!
>.<"
how much would you of charged? and what subjects were you goin to discuss?
(i live in western subs) ^^

ppl !! dont be so skeptical ~ she's only tryin t help us ^^ hehe

HSC
Well if enough of you want it, then yes, for sure I will put it on, but sorry, Im not hiring a place out for a day or two and doing photocopying and creating study/resource folders for a bunch of people and having no one turn up and end up out of pocket...

HSC
how do you mean? I had put posts up in four forums... and got the same response of "nope, not travelling to western suburbs"

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Originally posted by RebeccaSeamons
Hey everyone who would be interested in attending a study skills workshop where you can actually learn some of the best skills to study with and how to motivate yourself???

Does this interest anyone? It isnt just for Year 12 students, I'd like to see a wide variety of people and grades attend. Places will be limited.
Probably not, because it'll be in Sydney, like everything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)