How to study for english (1 Viewer)

pencilspanker

HSC
Yo i got an english exam coming up and its probably the most legit one ive done.
We are studying 7 poems by W.B Yeats and in the exam we need to respond to an essay question(which we have been given) where they play 1 of the 7 poems (as an audio file WE GET NO TRANSCRIPT) in which we use that poem as well as one of our own that we have chosen.
How the fukk do i study for this?
Do I make notes on all 7 poems and choose 1 which I learn thoroughly?

Last edited:

Papercutter

HSC
Lol I'd just briefly study each poem and make sure the themes/ideas/whatever are familiar. Focus on a few which you prefer most if you want, especially if they have given you the question beforehand. In the actual HSC you'll have to rely on your memory, so best to just start learning some off by heart now.

north78

HSC
Yo i got an english exam coming up and its probably the most legit one ive done.
We are studying 7 poems by W.B Yeats and in the exam we need to respond to an essay question(which we have been given) where they play 1 of the 7 poems (as an audio file WE GET NO TRANSCRIPT) in which we use that poem as well as one of our own that we have chosen.
How the fukk do i study for this?
Do I make notes on all 7 poems and choose 1 which I learn thoroughly?

brooo what is this assessment bruh dead lmao
what happens if they play the audio file an it just so happens to be the one you studied in depth...
winner winner chicken dinner

also how is the audio file play like out loud to like 180 students?
and is it only played once???

yeh I would probs study one poem you like or one that has good quotes/techniques which you can expand on
and for the audio, when they play it take down notes
also maybe try get some audios for the other poems to have a bit of practice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)