how to study for in class essay (1 Viewer)

Jazmiine

HSC
N/A
heey guys ; just wonderin what the best way to revise and study for an in class essay on away and another Shakespeare poem, when you have not been given the topic but know it is related to journeys ; pleasse help :)

NewiJapper

HSC
do a table :) With the headings concept (of jounerys), technique, effect, purpose and quote.

Do that for all your examples of the concepts and examples for journey's you can possibly think of and you will have some nice comprehensive notes. Don't memorise essays, memorise everything you can about the text :)

super.muppy

HSC
also try reading ur syllabus, teachers can only draw questions out from there (however it may be implicitly related), see weather or not you are capable of addressing the outcomes in the syllabus. And even try and formulate a question and answer

NewiJapper

HSC
super.muppy said:
also try reading ur syllabus, teachers can only draw questions out from there (however it may be implicitly related), see weather or not you are capable of addressing the outcomes in the syllabus. And even try and formulate a question and answer
*Whether.

Maybe you shouldn't take English advice from this guy...? Just a warning.

Jazmiine

HSC
N/A
do a table :) With the headings concept (of jounerys), technique, effect, purpose and quote.

Do that for all your examples of the concepts and examples for journey's you can possibly think of and you will have some nice comprehensive notes. Don't memorise essays, memorise everything you can about the text :)
thnaks so muuch :)

patFACE

HSC
what i usually did was read the question the night after i get the notification and write practise essays and give it to my teacher to analyse so i could get a rough estimate of what to expect with the real thing :)

joshwah

HSC
I remember quotes then structure my points around them. Two birds, one stone.
But I know the table idea works for my friends, and if you can write a billion practices. It's annoying but it helps to know what you want to say, before you say it I think.. haha.

Cherie_ashley

HSC
ok the best thing to do is to write out as many quotes, preferably strong ones that link to journeys.. if they gave you the question then practice writing the essay but mainly the quotes would help more :) :smile:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)