HOW to study maths? (2 Viewers)

muttiah

Banned
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
:rofl: What skills? :rolleyes:
I do both, make notes for maths as well as repeatedly do questions :)
Wow, I didn't know I was an inspiration :eek:
how can u make notes for maths? u mean like writing forumlas and examples?

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
That is why you get different questions from different textbooks, so that you face different questions when you are doing them :)
I have only 2 textbooks. :(

muttiah

Banned
HSC
kathrynso said:
What I've done for my revision. Lol, I have revision notes for Maths! Ah...
Anyway, What I have done is I write down all the topics and subtopics on separate pieces of paper for each topic. Then, on the right hand side of the page, I write down formulas that I have problems remembering and also steps in doing certain questions. Then refine time each time you practise and get use to them. Try to do a variety of questions also. I also find making little sayings for some formulas hopefully too.
eg. one of the guys in my ext class couldn't remember the signs in 'Sums & Diff of Angles' - I told him to remember "sin is same sign" Lol, it worked though.
this is good method....

mrzeidan1

Tigers '08
HSC
But you'll do it for free, since your sucha kind and caring person... Isn't that right :):):)

muttiah

Banned
HSC
aha of course... common facotr -1.. ffs...

thanks man.. great help.. i understand now!

anniea89

HSC
I can study for 2U easily. But when it comes to Ext 1...I don't know. I feel overwhlemed. I can do the work, in fact so far, I've done really well. But my yearly is on monday, and I just feel lost.

My notes are done. It's just polynomials which I don't get. Plus, I feel like I have hardly practised.

This is so depressing.

muttiah

Banned
HSC
if ur having trouble wif polynomials or a certain question.. ask some ppl on this board.... just type the question.. u will get a reply prolly in like 20 min.. and thye have good working out..

tis wat i do...

but yeah ext 1 maths is a bit hard... takes long to do the questions and the time goes by quickly..

Niksta123

HSC
I find it helps me to have 2 pieces of cardboard (or however many sheets you need) stuck up in front of my desk on the wall..i have all the formulas etc i need from my txt book and they are just there when ever i look up so i can constantly remind myself of the proofs for similar triangles or the quadratic formula or whatever...it really helps me learn it! and then you dont have to keep looking up your text book cause you have the answer or formula right in front of you with a diagram!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)