How to study? (1 Viewer)

DeeDazza

HSC
I'm not too sure of how to study for the exam. Could anyone help please?

uhoohoo

HSC
know your artists well... if you have time, look up random semi-popular artworks (contemporary) and write a bit about them in terms of the frames
OR DO PAST PAPERS IDK

probjer

HSC
learn to recreate the mono lisa and learn about the history of van gogh

cypriottgall

HSC
I reckon a good idea is to know a couple post modernists for the unseen plates/sections (Andy Warhol, Banksy, Roy Lichtenstein, Damien Hurst just to name a few), you can basically say anything for them as long as you back it up with something relevant, honestly in my trail paper i had the weirdest plate for the first unseen question and i said how colour was a major factor in the painting and i managed to get reasonable marks.
The essay question at the end, im pretty sure everyone in the state has learned a few case studies from year 11 and year 12, if you have your case studies in mind, it will be very helpful i guarantee it! Throughout all my art tests ive picked the Frames questions because theyre the easiest to me, i dont bother to look at the others, because all you basically have to do is say your case studies, (just to name a few who have a lot of emotion or whatever in their art --> Picasso, Frida Kahlo,Gordon Bennett), and run through an art work with the frames(Structural, Subjective, Cultural and Post Modern), and relate it back to the question :) i breeze through the essay like this.

Dont stress too much just do your best :) and everyone in the state is in the same boat as you, Good Luck! :)

Standard English: 85
General Maths: 65+
PDHPE: 85
Ancient History:80
Visual Arts: 85+

DeeDazza

HSC
I reckon a good idea is to know a couple post modernists for the unseen plates/sections (Andy Warhol, Banksy, Roy Lichtenstein, Damien Hurst just to name a few), you can basically say anything for them as long as you back it up with something relevant, honestly in my trail paper i had the weirdest plate for the first unseen question and i said how colour was a major factor in the painting and i managed to get reasonable marks.
The essay question at the end, im pretty sure everyone in the state has learned a few case studies from year 11 and year 12, if you have your case studies in mind, it will be very helpful i guarantee it! Throughout all my art tests ive picked the Frames questions because theyre the easiest to me, i dont bother to look at the others, because all you basically have to do is say your case studies, (just to name a few who have a lot of emotion or whatever in their art --> Picasso, Frida Kahlo,Gordon Bennett), and run through an art work with the frames(Structural, Subjective, Cultural and Post Modern), and relate it back to the question :) i breeze through the essay like this.

Dont stress too much just do your best :) and everyone in the state is in the same boat as you, Good Luck! :)

Standard English: 85
General Maths: 65+
PDHPE: 85
Ancient History:80
Visual Arts: 85+
Thank you so much! I appreciate it :caffeine:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)