How to tone up the stomach? (1 Viewer)

rozymisty

HSC
My brothers wedding is coming up on Jan 27, and its a black tie wedding so we have to wear something really formal, but can wear cocktail dresses.

I was trying a few on the other day and they all look really great and stunning, except one thing...my stomach. its not like round in one go, its like a roll of fat above the belly button, then the belly button and then another roll of fat. You can really notice it in the dresses. One lady in a formal wear shop said thats easy to fix, with those tightening undies, ...that just reminds me of Bridget Jones diary:haha: plus if im wearing tight stuff, i dont want it to show through.

I have just joined another gym and coz i enrolled on their open day, I get 3 personal trainer sessions for free which is great. Im seeing someone tmw to work out a program.

Im not relaly worried about hte bum at this stage, though i am, coz it sticks out, but if I have some tie thing at the back it will take away the distraction, but I am really worried about that roll of fat on my stomach! I HATE IT!! Its the main reason im not going swimming this season.

So any tips to toning the stomach area quickly, without losing fat in other places, ie the breasts,coz im happy with the size ive got lol and i dont want to lose to much weight that i go down a cup size!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i heard somewhere that doing exercises isolated around the stomach won't have any effect, that you have to do all over exercise to lose the fat, like running.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
And you can't choose where you lose that fat either.

Sucks.

rozymisty

HSC
melimoo said:
you can tone all you like but you'll still have the rolls on top unless you lose some fat.
well how do i lose that fat? I thought that was the idea of doing sit ups etc...lose fat.

quik.

HSC
In addition to the whole, eat good and train right thing, I would just like to say that most personal trainers are pretty shit. Be careful with the advice they give you.

rozymisty

HSC
haha yes. Well I guess its good that Ive got a younger brother who is doing human movements at uni. He's offered to help me tone up and lose that flab as soon as he's finished his exams in a few days time.

I guess if i dont lose the fat in time, I could go with the Bridget Jones' undies haha.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Runrun, runrun run awaaaayyyy!

Running = cardio, but it also helps tone up your stomach. Plus with daylight savings there's a long period of cool sunshine in the afternoon.

Or you could just nanna-pants it. Or learn to suck it in.

Pace_T

HSC
just dont get a rock hard stomach, now THAT is fucking gross

rozymisty

HSC
Ah yes well, living in Qld, we dont get day light saving here so thats gone lol. I guess in some ways working in a nursing home where we clock up heaps of steps kinda helps. ANd lifting those heavy residents helps...how on earth does a 40kg old person feel so dam heavy!!! They are so skinny and yet so dam heavy!

Hm dont think sucking my gut in for 6hrs is gng to be good for me haha.

I do eat a sometimes healthy variety...subway if im out rather than maccas, pasta cheese and sauce at home..thats mainly my diet. So its very heavy on the carbs but oh well. I cant cook so I dont know how to make healthy food

alby

cool duckie
HSC
they only feel so heavy caus they're so big (tall)...that said, a 12kg baby takes some getting used to aswell! you're just lucky you're not carrying them for long periods of time

shame you dont need to build up your biceps

gavvsy

HSC
the stomach is were the the body first deposits fat and the only way to tone your tummy is to engage in cardio exercises (swimming, running etc) and of course a good eating program.

Pace_T

HSC
gavvsy said:
the stomach is were the the body first deposits fat and the only way to tone your tummy is to engage in cardio exercises (swimming, running etc) and of course a good eating program.
not necessarily, some girls have fat build up on their legs and asses first, before their stomachs. and the girls with those types of bodies are the luckier ones ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)