How to Write 75-word responses (French) (1 Viewer)

deanxue7

HSC
I am in year 11 and currently have to write 200-word responses as well as 75-word responses in the Preliminary French Continuers Course. I am unsure of how to write good 75-mark responses as I think it's so hard to include the amount of detail necessary and you can only briefly address all your ideas. Is it better to touch on a lot of ideas or just 2 or 3 and explain them as much as possible? Is there any general strategy to these responses? Thanks.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Due to being a low word limit, a 75-word response does not allow for many ideas to be introduced and discussed in detail. This is unlike 200-word responses, where the higher word count allows for greater diversity of ideas as well as greater depth. With that being said, responses to Section III questions (which is the section that the 75-word and 200-word response questions will fall under in the French Continuers HSC exam) emphasise the following:
  • Grammatical accuracy, coupled with a strong writing ability in French.
  • Writing a sufficiently long response that approximately matches the word limit (and may exceed it in the case of better quality responses).
  • Actually answering the question.
In terms of questions that require a 75-word response, these three conditions can be met without exploring multiple ideas. For example, Question 12 from the 2023 HSC exam can be answered by covering 2 unforeseen circumstances in sufficient depth. With well-developed sentences, you can easily meet and exceed the word limit and score full marks for this question.

Additionally, if you have not already, I would suggest having a look at my sample responses, which are accessible in the Notes & Resources section. I have not posted resources in a while, although I do hope to post some in the near future.

I hope this helps! :D

deanxue7

HSC
Due to being a low word limit, a 75-word response does not allow for many ideas to be introduced and discussed in detail. This is unlike 200-word responses, where the higher word count allows for greater diversity of ideas as well as greater depth. With that being said, responses to Section III questions (which is the section that the 75-word and 200-word response questions will fall under in the French Continuers HSC exam) emphasise the following:
  • Grammatical accuracy, coupled with a strong writing ability in French.
  • Writing a sufficiently long response that approximately matches the word limit (and may exceed it in the case of better quality responses).
  • Actually answering the question.
In terms of questions that require a 75-word response, these three conditions can be met without exploring multiple ideas. For example, Question 12 from the 2023 HSC exam can be answered by covering 2 unforeseen circumstances in sufficient depth. With well-developed sentences, you can easily meet and exceed the word limit and score full marks for this question.

Additionally, if you have not already, I would suggest having a look at my sample responses, which are accessible in the Notes & Resources section. I have not posted resources in a while, although I do hope to post some in the near future.

I hope this helps! :D
Thank you very much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)