How to write an Engineering Report? (1 Viewer)

moonsuyoung

HSC
Hi!
I was wondering how to write an engineering report? I took a look at engineering reports but some have "abstract" and some do not...can the structure differ for an engineering report? I'm a bit confused...?

jiffs

HSC
N/A
you should always have an abstract... think of it as a thesis for your overall report you cant just jump straight into it because nobody knows whats going on u gotta ease into it ya know?:cold::cold::cold:

wizzkids

HSC
The reason we include Engineering Report Writing in Year 11 and Year 12 is to get students used to the structure of proper academic writing. Yes, you should have an abstract. Go have a look at some academic journals, see how the pros do it. There are places called academic publishing services that just collect and publish abstracts. Busy researchers can skim through tons of abstracts and figure out if the full paper is worth getting.
Here is a rubric you can follow:
  • Abstract
  • Introduction and Context
  • Literature Review
  • Research Methodology
  • Results
  • Discussion
  • Conclusion
  • References

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
The reason we include Engineering Report Writing in Year 11 and Year 12 is to get students used to the structure of proper academic writing. Yes, you should have an abstract. Go have a look at some academic journals, see how the pros do it. There are places called academic publishing services that just collect and publish abstracts. Busy researchers can skim through tons of abstracts and figure out if the full paper is worth getting.
Here is a rubric you can follow:
  • Abstract
  • Introduction and Context
  • Literature Review
  • Research Methodology
  • Results
  • Discussion
  • Conclusion
  • References
bruh whats this, my school did it completely different

wizzkids

HSC
Here is a direct quote from the NSW Engineering Studies Stage 6 Syllabus.
Reports will be less detailed in the Preliminary course than those required for the HSC course.
Engineering Reports may include:
• introduction to the purpose of the report
• appropriate research
• analysis/synthesis of related issues
• conclusions and/or recommendations
• references.
Reports developed in the HSC course should encompass a degree of both analysis and synthesis of relevant content, and reflect actual engineering practice.
As you can see, Year 11 reports are expected to be less rigorous, but Year 12 reports are expected to "reflect actual engineering practice".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)