How to write faster? (1 Viewer)

ITimber

HSC
hello,

I need some help to write faster! I have all my ideas and a strong knowledge of the texts. I have done many practise essays and other writing tasks which have got good marks but are obviously far to long to be able to write in an exam. I have cut it down a lot and have written an essay on BNW in 35min. That leaves me with 5 minutes to write about Blade Runner!!! :S
I don't know if I'm writting to slowly... got 3 pages on BNW in 35mins.

thanks

HSC
Get a light pen and one that is heaps smooth and glides across the paper well. Don't use liquid paper, that slows you down, jus cross it out and then continue. Write on one sheet of papper at a time, that is to say if you have looseleaf sheets put the paper on a desk not another sheet of paper before the desk.

Most importantly, practice! If you arent that quick in writing then maybe learn how to condense your writing piece, think of how to make it less without losing marks?

Loza33

HSC
practise, practise, practise!!

Sorry to be typical and boring... but it's true..

Set your self goals and aim to write a page every 10 minutes... then cut it down so its a page every 8 minutes...

That is how i do it..

Good luck!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Module B 'In the Wild' you need to write about both BNW and BR (assuming they are your texts). If your writing an essay and can only write about BNW then it isn't a complete essay, you aren't answering the question completely and you won't be getting full marks.

So your going to have to condence your points down and make sure you can write an equal amount on both texts.

ITimber

HSC
Does it have to be approximately equal for each text? or can you focus more on one text than the other?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
It's best to have the same amount for each text as you are talking about two texts and comparing them both which you can't do without an equal amount of discussion.

shreyansh

HSC
its right dear...u have received a lot of suggestions...above all ..jus concentrtate hard..n a very best of luck!!

HSC
N/A
a) Be selective about how much you write. It's useless to go into huge detail if there isn't enough time to - just stick with key concepts.

b) LOOK AT THE TIME. A good guide is to divide the amount of time you have per text. eg a 40 min essay between two texts means about 20mins each. Particularly if you are structuring your essay by ideas, it's always possible to tack more onto the bottom. But when you're 35mins in and only 5 mins left, you're left with far fewer options.

c) Practice :)

orly?

HSC
pacers are better because u can just rub it out instead of liquid paper :/

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
Prep for an exam by practicing writing essays on those BOS booklets - you know the ones with the MASSIVE lines that make you handwriting 1.5x bigger!! (for mine anway :p)

...You'll get used to the space and if you time yourself you know how much you can write in eg an hour. :)

HSC
idling fire said:
Pity all teachers want pens only.
Yeah in the HSC they will probably only let you use pacers when you are drawing graphs. Well you can chance your hand if you really want to but pen is much easier to read anyway. If you make a mistake cross it out and keep going dont use liquid paper. You don't want to wait for it to dry or continue while the liquid paper dries and forget to go back.

yosemite sam

HSC
watatank said:
I suggest you dont do this if you want you have appauling writing.
you're writing would have to be incredibly bad for none of the examiners to be able to read it. work out how its best for you to join letters together, get a bit slack on how you form your letters and stuff like that. my writing gets really bad during assessments, not completely unreadable, but bigger and all loopy but i havent found a teacher yet that cant read it. and if it gets bigger, it look like you write more...my writing means that in an hsc exam i can do 10 pages an hour :D

12345g

HSC
write write write write..

and when you are bored write your name out on scrap paper..

have a race with your friend to see who can copy out something the quickest out of a textbook you need to study from and get someone to read it.. n whoever is the looser shouts the other lunch XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)