How to write your executive summary last? (1 Viewer)

MadGold777

HSC
I always manage to waste to much time on my executive summary, and I've heard that some people leave it to last in their business report.

Was just wondering how do you leave it last in your business report?
Do you just leave a certain amount of lines and then get straight in the body and come back and when your finished and then write it?

jung1239

HSC
I pretty much use my executive summary as my plan for the business report, so I do it first. I wouldn't leave it last, unless your struggling really hard.

MadGold777

HSC
Yeah I always manage to just sit there staring at it..... Not knowing what to right :p

jung1239

HSC
Well i'm sure the stress from the exam tomorrow will make you write faster.

enoilgam

HSC
I always manage to waste to much time on my executive summary, and I've heard that some people leave it to last in their business report.

Was just wondering how do you leave it last in your business report?
Do you just leave a certain amount of lines and then get straight in the body and come back and when your finished and then write it?
You could just leave space for it at the begining. Just think of the exec summary is an "essay plan", so do it at the begining and follow it step by step for the report.

MadGold777

HSC
Is this a good executive summary, to the 2011 independent trial.

Obviously you don't have the blurb and what not but just in general does this seem the right way to approach an executive summary?

The following report has been prepared by Business Consultants Ltd to assist GCG in planning for 2012. GCG has recently had to face a number of problems some including cash flow problems, poor staff moral and increasing accounts payable and accounts receivable. The purpose of this report is to firstly, to describe how the behavioural management theory could be implemented to become more flexible and recognise the needs of employees. Secondly to recommend two cash flow management strategies to reduce accounts payable and receivable and ensure effective cash flow management and finally to evaluate two employment relations strategies to improve employment relations.

jung1239

HSC
Secondly to recommend two cash flow management strategies to reduce accounts payable and receivable and ensure effective cash flow management and finally to evaluate two employment relations strategies to improve employment relations.
Instead of this, I would name the strategies you are going to talk about. I'm guessing that was what the question directly asked for?.

Roy G Biv

HSC
N/A
you could just summarise your answer to the question by quickly going over the syllabus dot points you'll be covering

ie list the relevant syllabus dot points, by directly associating them with the question, in a way which is more or less an introductory, executive summary.

if that makes sense :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)