how true is it?? (1 Viewer)

holden4ever89

HSC
i heard today that it is impossible to get a UAi that is 90+ if you do a general subject, irrespective of how well you go in that subject.

Is this true?

lol, it better not be!

HSC
It will hurt your UAI if you don't go well. Otherwise it's entirely possible. I know someone who got 95 who did general maths (although he blitzed that and should have been doing 2 unit)

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I also know someone who did general maths and got a UAI in the low 90's. If you do really well in the subject then the scaling should effect you less, so no, its not impossible :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
BAHA, lies all lies most probably feed to you by advance students to scare you into worring and putting themselves up.

I think last year the highest UAI with general maths was 99 or something like that. Any UAI is possible with any subject combination, just might be easier/harder with some then others.

cl3nta

HSC
^above so so true. Sometimes I wonder why i just don't do general subjects:p

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
blitz the subject and u'll be fine. i know countless people who did general people and got in the 90s. Yes, the high 90s as well!

gypo_rich is right.

holden4ever89

HSC
hah, cheers guys. if i had of found out it was impossible there would definately have been some people violently murdered...

i actually have a 30% assessment for general maths tomorrow, so i guess i should go study so i can get my 95+ UAI

OH HECK YER!!

thesnowman

Banned
HSC
you might get a uai of 90+ IF you get in the 90s and high 80s for all your subjects

Optophobia

HSC
I remember seeing a document which showed the highest UAI achieved by someone who had a certain subject in their unit loading. The highest UAI by someone who did General maths was 99.45, but i don't remember what it was for standard english.

heard today that it is impossible to get a UAi that is 90+ if you do a general subject, irrespective of how well you go in that subject.

Is this true?
I think you're getting confused with subject capping. The highest UAI that you can get is 100.00, no matter you subject choice (so long as they are board endorsed courses), but from memory the rumour states that if you do standard english, the maximum mark you can get is 90%.. But i also remember reading somewhere on here that that was a load of crap.

P

pLuvia

Who ever told you that is an idiot there are plenty of people who get 99+/90+ who do 'General' subjects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)