How was HSC performance?! (1 Viewer)

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
hEyyy.. how were the performances today?? (for the peeps who were first up)

it just so happened that i didnt get back in time from melbourne last night coz of the frickin hail storm thingy.. i got mine changed to friday :D hehehehe

but yeah.. how were they?? think u made it into encore? ;)

Thomas_wow

definately wont get into encore... i nailed two of mine (around the world and own composition) and badly fucked up the other two (night in tunisia & chord progressions on bass).

apart from that was all good... mate of mine picked up saxaphone for like first time in ages (it seemed) and killed his two sax pieces, but his 2 guitar pieces werent as flash... if he beats me... o_O

MouNtY

i had the best time today...probably won't get into encore, but i reckon i slaughtered my pieces...the markers were really nice...and turned out the waiting to go last helped me warm up my vioce enough without losing it, and it was all good, i had a lot of fun.

Super_Flyse

HSC
Getting into Encore was never a consideration!

But yeah, I'm so happy with it! I played my 2 pieces the best i had ever played them! My Vivas were a bit dodgy but im happy with them, they aren't the best but i'm happy and i think that is good enough for me :!

Lexi

HSC
N/A
*Bites fingernails nervously* Mine's today! Like in 3 hours! Eeep!

I\'m Curly

yeh i had mine today... there were three markers and they were all nice but didn't really respond much to my funny piece (mandatory topic). sight singing was a bit of a bitch... i got the G major one, not F major or d min... But i think that it was the best i've ever performed them... i hope... i've submitted my music ext essay, so now i've finished that course and have done most of music 2! yay!!

Abraxus

HSC
Yeah my one went pretty alright, considering my teacher made me change one of my pieces 2 months ago.

I had three examiners too, they were really nice and pretty down to earth. I just got the first exam nerves and ended up making a few mistakes that I've never made before in my life. Does that happen to anyone else?

Thomas_wow

two months!

me and my mates all decided on our pieces like 2 or 3 days before the day ;]

the joys of playing rock instruments >;D

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
Music 1 guys had their performances today at my school and i had a look at the examiners.....

geez they look so evil! lol! wonder wat mine will be like tomorrow :rolleyes:

vicksta

HSC
mmmm mine was on monday- the first frickin day!!! It was good though, not as good as the trials, but solid...the main thing is that its over!! its such a burden off my shoulders!!!! Damn...that means i should be studying..oh well..later!!!

chepas

HSC
I had mine today, in fact...

THE EXAMINERS WERE 1h 30min LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They had to get from Chatswood to West Ryde and so in peak hour it was just eeexcellent. They ended up calling in the head examiner lady so we had three today (for Music 2). They were supposed to arrive at 3.30 - got here just before 5. It was fun, shitting self before hand. Well not really, I actually praised the lord about it cos hey, I had just gone through it with my ensemble and my chops were dead as all hell, so mixed blessing.

All I had was the Core piece, and just the sight singing. I think I went all right. They were all really nice and apologetic so hopefully they will be extra nice to me and the other girl in my class :rolleyes:. A few cracked notes and I farted a high B, but saved it ever so mmmmm...ly.

Sight singing was easy. I got the G Major one. How gay were the lyrics "I wish I was a popstar, my something something something, my ear'oles full of crotchets, a smoething something something something.."... Nearly died laughing instead of concentrating on the rhythm...

I'm happy with it anyhoo... NEVER AGAIN!!! It was like a silver lining had enveloped the surroundings after I went out of the hall.

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
yeah i had mine today too!! woah finally glad its over...

hehe my examiners were an hour late also.. lol not as long as urs but mmm it was tiring to wait n stuff.. argh

and my examiners had no expression on their faces whatsoever.. lol it was so scary! and i also had the 'i wanna be a rock star' one too lol quite hilarious.. nice tune though :D it was so funny coz i asked for bass clef and they gave me the first note.. it was too low for me to sing it in the correct pitch, but an octave higher was too high lol haha couldnt reach the C!!!

oh well.. it was a wonderful day lol hehehe

best of luck for the people who still has theirs next week!!

skankit

i ahd mine today... my examiners were really nice, and i knew one of them!!

i played one of my pieces the best ive ever played it, i only split one note. two of my others were alright, not fantastic but alright. my last piece, i was just SO tired and coz i was playing it on piccolo trumpet it was hideously out of tune, but other than that not too bad.

i tooooootally rooted my sight singing just coz i was so goddamn nervous. i got the fmaj one.. im pissed off coz it was really easy!! i just get too nervous!!

oh well, im just soooooooooooooo happy its over. now ive finished extension, half of music 2 and most of drama. ive done like half my hsc!!! YAY

chepas

HSC
I wish I could think that way, that a lot of the HSC is over - to me I still think it hasn't begun yet, because the practicals (language speakings) and music were just now, and the written is still to come... I dunno. It still doesn't feel like it has started yet.

skankit

hehe thats a way better attitude than mine though!!

im sitting here being like "study?! im like FINISHED", which is really not true! oh well... this is why im glad i chose creative subjects.. the hsc is so not scary for me because the music and drama writtens are worth SO little, whereas other ppl are like hard core stressed about all their exams... yay for arts subjects :uhhuh:

chepas

HSC
Yeah true that :p.

I do like the idea that 50% of music is out of the way forever though. I suppose I never thought of it like that before.. YAY!!!

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
hey is it true we'll never be able to find out our 'performance' marks?? only the total music mark..??? or is there a way we can find out?

I\'m Curly

yeah u just get one big mark out of 100 at the end (or 50 if u do ext)... we never get a break down :( but i think if something's really wrong, then u can sue them to release the informatin or something... but that's rare. So, schools never know what to improve, which really sucks...

MouNtY

that sucks so much ass. i really want to find out the marks i got for my performance, coz i thought i went really well. So i'd like the marks to the either prove or dissprove that. BUT I WANT THE MARKS!!!...lol...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)