Jaded Member
HSC
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
lot of higher order questions also give room for markers to act nazi :D
they did that last year as well tho... ^^
which is why a lot of the top marks were relatively low

s2ophie

HSC
I didn't like it but thats the same with every chemistry exam for me. It could of been a lot worse! At least now i never have to do chem again!!!

JUB JUB

HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
I thought it was ok, it was heaps better than biology!
No way! Biology was soo much easier! You didn't even have to think in Biology!

Torien

I found it hella long, I calculated it and I had 53 marks to go as I started the last hour... O_O... I was poopin muh pants..

Weird, im like 6th at my school in chem, so hopefully that makes sure I dont go spiralling down....

One more to go, the 12th and 13th units... IT lol

mel85

Originally posted by +:: $i[Q]u3 ::+
yay~! =)
it was good.. a lot of the higher order questions gave u room to show examiners what u know. =)
I totally agree...unlike the biology exam, the people who really knew their stuff will outshine the bullshitters!!!

melly_belly

HSC
go the bullshitters! dats my style i bullshit everything, i'll b lucky to pass :p

muldersgun

HSC
haha the whole exam reminded me of english.

question
essay

question
essay

its kinda sad how science has degenerated into applied science + english. No wonder the unis are complaining that ppl aren't coping with science in uni.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by JUB JUB
No way! Biology was soo much easier! You didn't even have to think in Biology!
Yeah but at least this exam was fair for those people that put in the hours and learnt their work. I was so annoyed I wasted so much time learning stuff for bio and then the exam was a joke.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by Nuggy
uhh... wat did ppl write for a page on the monitoring of the haber process?! i found myself repeating myself kinda... cuz the question was very specific about the conditions... i.e. temp and pressure unless i misintepreted the question... which of corz is possible >.<
I talked about monitoring temp to ensure it stayed at the optimum compromise temperature between yield and reation rate (400 degrees) because it is an exothermic equilibrium reaction... I also talked about monitoring pressure, also with temp the temp needs to be monitored because if the temperature gets too high it can destroy the catalyst. I also mentioned monitoring the reactant gases to ensure there was no oxygen in them because oxygen and hydrogen react explosively, and the reactant gases also needed to be monitored to ensure they were in the correct molar ratio...

I said that the importance of monitoring these things was to make sure the production had optimal conditions to ensure high yield and cost efficiency in ammonia poroduction.

Was this alright? Do you think this would have been enough stuff to talk about for 7 marks?

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Hmmmm...i agree wif Nuggy and melly_belly
N E WAY.....it suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkked big time!!!
BIO WAS WAYYYY betttter and yea i BS all the way.
I agree that it was much harder than last year's.
Good on u for studying hard.....i didn't so it's my fault but i hope i'll pull through.

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Harder?

This was just an exercise to see how fast you can write out memorised answers.

vegeta_316

Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Was this alright? Do you think this would have been enough stuff to talk about for 7 marks?
I had pretty much the same points and I do think the points you made were enough to get you 7 marks.

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
found it really easy..fucking fancy that, physics biology AND chemistry all being piss eay..OMG WHATS WITH BOARD OF STUDIES THESE DAYS....lol meh its alllll good
i rekon high band 5 - mid band 6 here
i think i stuff up on one of the 4 mark and another of the 2 mark questions
otherwise allllllll good
1 more to go.... bring it on....!!
and then i'm freeeeeee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)