how was it (2 Viewers)

123ash

HSC
the questions were not recalling questions..... most of the test was alright.. but i felt depressed after the test because the time was soo less. there was no time for thinking and deriving the answers. :chainsaw:

i think many people would have been tripped by the calculations questions.
after all board of studies gave 4 holidays for Chemistry paper.. this was the reason.

mitchwong650

HSC
dunno if any of you guys are correct with the ethanol if we are talking about the one where you raised the temp of about 200g of water by 65 degrees.. because it would take a rediculous amount of ethanol to heat water that much and they also lost half the heat to the surrounds which means ^H = 2mc^T... so im certain it would be a very large amount
i got 2.2% for the nitrogen in bread...
it doesn't matter about the feasability of it. that's what they said happened.

and if you calculate it correctly it is only about 3.something grams.. i hope you converted to KJ/mol not J/mol

arjungamer123

HSC
I loved that test. The 6 markers were science questions! Honest to god, ACTUAL CHEMISTRY QUESTIONS. Glad to see the Board is at least trying to set a science exam and not a history/social science one.

For the 6 marker on equilibrium, i got temperature increase in the first one, CO decreases in one, and relative Cl2 decrease in the other. What did you guys get?

mitchwong650

HSC
I loved that test. The 6 markers were science questions! Honest to god, ACTUAL CHEMISTRY QUESTIONS. Glad to see the Board is at least trying to set a science exam and not a history/social science one.

For the 6 marker on equilibrium, i got temperature increase in the first one, CO decreases in one, and relative Cl2 decrease in the other. What did you guys get?
temp increase, CO removal, system volume decrease (or increase i dont remember but you get the point)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
i actually really loved the exams, for once i found all the calculations easy as pie. And I managed (by some unknown mystery) to answer every question, which is a big deal for me.

For the nitro one i got like 2.2 or 1. sumthing (can;t really remember) the amount of ethanol i got like 3. sumthing.

Overall was fairly simple stuff like skills, i loved the question about the polystyrene cup form a raw material etc. was awesome.

I found the multiple choice hard, especially 15 WTF i got C i think can't remember how but yeah got C, probally wrong.

EDIT: after actually getting my multichoice booklet out of my bag i circled A, so yeah must have A i did and got lols

Last edited:

sam5

HSC
temp increase, CO removal, system volume decrease (or increase i dont remember but you get the point)
i didnt have the volume, but i said there was a decrease in pressure (side with most gas molecules). I think decrease in pressure = increase in volume anyway.

ColdBuffet

HSC
Multiple choice for 15 was A. And I think those of you who were getting around 2.2% for the nitrogen in the bread actually found the amount of ammonia in the bread. I had gotten around 2.2% when I found my mistake, corrected it and got 1.77% which a lot of other people seem to have gotten aswell, so I'm guessing it's right.

mahdi

HSC
He guys with the Nitro calc I got 1.45% only because I rounded off everything, I showed all working do i still get the full mark I was ccnsistant 3dp for every thing
hey i got 1.45% too. But i thought i didnt round of, i usually save my answers in my calculator. Hopefully we only lose 1 mark.

BOSSSSS

HSC
it was allllright. but i couldnt calculate the mass of ethanol :S

arjungamer123

HSC
Multiple choice for 15 was A. And I think those of you who were getting around 2.2% for the nitrogen in the bread actually found the amount of ammonia in the bread. I had gotten around 2.2% when I found my mistake, corrected it and got 1.77% which a lot of other people seem to have gotten aswell, so I'm guessing it's right.
Yeah I got 1.77% also. What my friend say he did was that he interpreted Nitrogen as just N and not N2, so that's why he got 2.16%

TechnIx

HSC
N/A
WOO! I'm happy. For once, we didn't have to be English students to gain some decent marks.

And just to show that I'm not an English student, I had to actually stop and figure out how to spell "English" before I typed it.. lol

Good one BOS, you may have just redeemed yourself slightly. But less calculation questions next time :)

Drewx

HSC
Shit forgot to make my answer a percentage in that nitrate question

regina philangi

HSC
are you sure? i got 1.77% for the notrogen in bread and 3.8g for the ethanol
For water quality, does it go flocculation, settling, then pH adjustment?

Matty H

HSC
yea i got 3.8g for ethanol and 1.77% for bread...got that order for water quality, but a mate thought that pH could come first?? Anyone else??
Doesnt sound like the test was too bad...lol a great change from last years phew!!

untouchablecuz

HSC
i actually really loved the exams, for once i found all the calculations easy as pie. And I managed (by some unknown mystery) to answer every question, which is a big deal for me.

For the nitro one i got like 2.2 or 1. sumthing (can;t really remember) the amount of ethanol i got like 3. sumthing.

Overall was fairly simple stuff like skills, i loved the question about the polystyrene cup form a raw material etc. was awesome.

I found the multiple choice hard, especially 15 WTF i got C i think can't remember how but yeah got C, probally wrong.

EDIT: after actually getting my multichoice booklet out of my bag i circled A, so yeah must have A i did and got lols
woo, i got 2.1% aswell

n(N2)=3.something * 10-3 right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)