How was Maq open day? (1 Viewer)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Went there early in the morning, didn't go in because I couldn't see any sign of an open day besides a banner out the front (these things throw me off easily) so I went home, got directions from my sister who goes there, drove back up, I drove around macquarie centre car park for about 20 f***ing minutes trying to find a spot, figured it wasn't worth it, and left.

So, no I didn't go. :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Rahul
i'll read out the labels...
"Free cool PHYSICS stuff"
"Free cool COMPUTINGstuff"
"Free cool MATHS stuff"
Why do I have a funny feelin' there was some false advertisin' on those labels? :p

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
went there for about an hour
got leaflets
sat through a psychology lecture
went to maquarie shops n had lunch!!

shittest open day ever

oh yeah there was a chick dressed in a dress and thorns around her head giving out lollies hehe

HSC
did anybody get surveyed by like...macquarie ppl?
some azn lady was surveying me and i barely understood what she was saying...so i just read the questions on the sheet and told her what to write down
hehehe

Rahul

Dead Member
hahah yeh that lady came up to me and my friends. but another asian guy interviewed us before we went into that building.

ricenoodles

HSC
Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
Cds on diff subjects etc right?
i grabbed some last yr juz for the covers
=p
yeah i grabbed the cds just for the covers too haha

i actually found the open day to be alright...was there for a whopping 4.5 hrs. My friends and i stole a whole heap of balloons from the "Science 4 Kids" tent and we were the only ppl walking around the uni with heaps of balloons.

The accounting lecture was alright...actuarial lecture was kinda boring...and applied finance just sucked big time.

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
getting there and back is really boring, close to 1 hr on the bus.
meh.. tell me about it.. except for me it was an hour on the bus and close to another hour on the train.. dont think i'l b goin to maq uni!!!

Rahul

Dead Member
but macquarie centre is so cool.
yd, giodarno, tarocash. omg...the clothes there are freakin great.

oh and did i mention the girls;)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Haha! The interviewers!

I was in the postgrad tent, scoping out free shit, and she came and asked me stuff. I lied my way through the whole thing, said I was a BSci student at UNSW, and I wanted to do postgrad at Maq in Linguistics... I even said I lived on campus, but couldn't remember the postcode. I'm going straight to hell...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
Well, that's only to be expected (referin' to baggin' out of MQ Open Day). Last year, when I went, the people who were meant to answer questions were completely clueless and there wasn't much free stuff.
serious? well i must have had a good day. the lecturer was very helpful, very into his job, knew exactly what he was talking about. i got to go round different buildings and see what they do there, and see a bit more of the 'hands on' section of my course. not much i could say for sydney though.
Originally posted by skip to my lou
did anybody get surveyed by like...macquarie ppl?
some azn lady was surveying me and i barely understood what she was saying...so i just read the questions on the sheet and told her what to write down
hehehe
and i did the survey! i also read off the sheet!!

Originally posted by iambored
so u guys really think that mac was a worse open day than usyd? well maybe i missed the plot at syd, but i didn't c anything there
quotes :D
haha yeah! but just people bag macquarie all the time and i don't know why. seriously, i found them very helpful, flexible, and i don't have to decide what job i want now! i can do the general course and decide when i have some experience in the subjects

Last edited:

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
maq had open day on a good day coz you go over to maq centre where there is SALES!!!

i reckon the the people in IT sector were really helpful told us everything we need.. only went to one lecture which was the e business ..

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
it was ok, then again i haven't been to any other open days coz of music exams O__o;;

the good things to come out of it -

1. bumped into a guy from primary school :D [he looks a bit like craig david now - need i say more?]

2. sausage sizzle for 50 cents! lined up for 15mins. harhar.

i had to catch a bus, train, bus to get there, though :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by iambored
serious? well i must have had a good day. the lecturer was very helpful, very into his job, knew exactly what he was talking about. i got to go round different buildings and see what they do there, and see a bit more of the 'hands on' section of my course. not much i could say for sydney though.
You must've had a great day, because at Orientation and pre-enrolment they were also completely and utterly useless.
Originally posted by sukiyaki
maq had open day on a good day coz you go over to maq centre where there is SALES!!!
Macq Centre isn't very excitin' unfortunately. ;)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
Macq Centre isn't very excitin' unfortunately. ;)
Not so! I've been there but twice in five years and love it to bits. Of course, after one hour at MU I got sick of the place and drove off. Didn't even give shopping a second thought (only had about $5 on me anyway). Of course, were it another day, I would probably have camped out at Borders.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Harry Potter? :p

Two visits in five year, eh? Isn't that suggestin' something. :D

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
but macquarie centre is so cool.
yd, giodarno, tarocash. omg...the clothes there are freakin great.
mmm not really... but this is coming from someone who always shops there so i get excited if a new item of clothing comes up or a new store opens because i can never find anything good there anymore... spent too much time there already
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Not so! I've been there but twice in five years and love it to bits.
well thats your answer... you love it to bits vecause you are never there... i love it because its like a third home to me (after home and school)... its good for going out and shopping wihtout buying anything or when you know what your looking for... otherwise it doesnt have ver much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)