how was your first day at uni? (2 Viewers)

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Forbidden. said:
And speaking of labs yeah,
I was the one responsible for turning all the LCD monitors upside down with a few others in the CSE Labs once.
Otherwise we make friends by copying and learning off each other lulz.

lol, Me and my friend used to pass around a paper in Math 1131
We used to put Headings "Student Number" and "Course"

we passed it around. LMAO we were watching it go slowly around the top lecture hall (Kieth Burrows).

And we got it back with around 30 ppl's names on it (Paper could only fit 30 :()

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Omium said:
Forbidden. said:
I was the one responsible for turning all the LCD monitors upside down with a few others in the CSE Labs once.

lol, Me and my friend used to pass around a paper in Math 1131
We used to put Headings "Student Number" and "Course"

we passed it around. LMAO we were watching it go slowly around the top lecture hall (Kieth Burrows).

And we got it back with around 30 ppl's names on it (Paper could only fit 30 :()
LOOOOOOOL.
wat for?

edit: civil has many internations theyre not too friendly are they. mechanical engineers have many aussies and look like your usual surfie and most asians in mechanical ive seen arent international.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Forbidden. said:

LOOOOOOOL.
wat for?
lol we were bored :shy:

(We were also conducting a social experiment)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
ROFL hahaha I can't believe students would actually write it down!

Yeah Internationals weirdly don't get along too well with local, they stick to their own bunch. It's funny though parents send their children to Australia to learn english, yet these 'children' stick to each other, and instead of speaking english, they talk in their local language, and start dating instead of studying.:p

Weird man, how can you turn the monitors over while a surveillance camera is monitoring 24/7! I don't even do anything off-the-rules while I'm in those rooms.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Rekkusu said:

Yeah Internationals weirdly don't get along too well with local, they stick to their own bunch. It's funny though parents send their children to Australia to learn english, yet these 'children' stick to each other, and instead of speaking english, they talk in their local language, and start dating instead of studying.:p

Weird man, how can you turn the monitors over while a surveillance camera is monitoring 24/7! I don't even do anything off-the-rules while I'm in those rooms.
i might be wrong here, but he might have flipped the screen (not the actual monitor) upside down. lol.

that said i've tried to type with my screen upside down once.

wasn't fun

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Rekkusu said:

Oh but another class was supposed to come in right after us so they'll turn it back for themselves. :)

shinji said:
i might be wrong here, but he might have flipped the screen (not the actual monitor) upside down. lol.

that said i've tried to type with my screen upside down once.

wasn't fun
hahahahaha fucking lol

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
In my first class i happened to be in the same lecture as 2 of my close friends from high school, that was lucky!
Also i met a primary school friend who i havnt seen in 6 years. 'twas kinda awkward, what do u talk about to a guy who u last met when u were both 11 yrs old. Every time i see him i pretend i havnt seen him to avoid talking to him, lol.

HSC
wrong_turn said:
i got food poisoning in my first week of uni. i shat a lot....
is that from nasty bites? my mate had a burger there weekend before our last exam he was shitting every day he said

HSC
Omium said:
Um, im a pretty social guy, Most people in lectures/tutes are extremely boring and unsocial.

I remember my first week.
In lectures i would introduce myself to someone and strike up a conversation, and ALL of them would just reply with one word answers.

eg) Me: Hey what course you doing?

Them: Engineering

Me: Oh kewl, so what kinda engineering you doing?

Them: Civil

Me: Ah ok so what subjects you doing

Them : Math

Me: Where you live?

Them: city

Me: Ok.......

Usually people are supposed to reply then ask the same question... creates some fluency. :S Most of the people i talked to in first week seemed pretty unsocial.

I guess i prolly just talked to a lot of internationals....

Labs are the best to make good friends as everyone is casual and relaxed.
yeah tell me about it. usually im fairly unsocial in lectures but in s2 i made an attempt to talk to people. i found most to be boring, a few gems though- they turn out too be REALLY wierd anyway lol

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Casmira said:
is that from nasty bites? my mate had a burger there weekend before our last exam he was shitting every day he said
nuh i kept having this sushi shit from what use to be badgadan and also the hot food place there. so its all good now. oh and also that source food court that they had at matthews.

frigen mess each time after those meals there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)