How was your first day of O week? (1 Viewer)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I completely disagree, i made plenty of new friends, perhaps you just lack the social skills necessary to engage with other people?
keep on making friends, dickheads attract dickheads.

wow!

HSC
N/A
Friend-making initiative failed miserably :(

I'm not giving up though.....someone has to be my friend!

Edit: I ended up calling my friends and formed a protective little group like all the others....damn it i'm making friends..

i share your pain. I think the first day of oweek was only funner than today coz I had my friends with me. I was pretty much alone today except for randoms I talked to and it just wasn't that much fun.

But I'm planning to go tomoro and attempt to talk to new people (accompanied by my friends of course)

erm

HSC
Yeah i didn't really meet anyone properly either. Kind of wandered around aimlessly searching for free shit.

Dota55

HSC
no dota plx.
i never mentioned dota at all when i was at o-week.
I agree :)

My brother made my account and when he asked me what my username should be i just said 'meh, whatever you want' so he names me Dota55!!!!

I'm too lazy to change it :eek:

LordPc

HSC
those bible study people are like religiously empowered cockaroaches. But you have to give them a little credit, no other society pursued me as much as they did

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Yeah i didn't really meet anyone properly either. Kind of wandered around aimlessly searching for free shit.
99.99% of people you befriend at O-week you'll never see again, so no need to worry.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
true, last year i just hung around school friends, i'll go on thursday, get there at around 12.30-1pm, show my sis her classes, dunno if any of my friends are goin, any bosers wanna meet up?

_santa

HSC
me too, too bad so sad....

those bible study people are like religiously empowered cockaroaches. But you have to give them a little credit, no other society pursued me as much as they did
I think the problem is that they were trying too hard, they went "ahh" and "impressive" when I said I'm in Engineering...if I recall correctly, UNSW has ~9000 in Engineering...so, I'm not impressed.

LordPc

HSC
me too, too bad so sad....

I think the problem is that they were trying too hard, they went "ahh" and "impressive" when I said I'm in Engineering...if I recall correctly, UNSW has ~9000 in Engineering...so, I'm not impressed.
woah, you're female and in engineering. from what I hear that really is impressive. ;)

but I know what you are saying. I do engineering too and they seemed excited by this fact for some reason. like i didnt even specify what type of engineering, aparently it's all "great".

I also went down to the mathews arcade open room which was run by some christian group, and no joke, they also said "impressive" too much to be considered normal

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
dude, theyre not gonna say 'oh man u suck', if u told em ur doing arts or some shit they'd still be like 'O WOW', they being nice.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
It was shit 'cause the ARC online membership registration failed and they said I wasn't on the system or some shit. Fuck I hate ARC, I want a refund. I paid online and all, I didn't even get any membership card or welcome pack. They were like "yeah you have to call this guy with your details"..fuck I could have just given them 149 bucks in hand instead of this online shit. What terrible service!!!

Otherwise great free stuff ^^
My friend got his backpack yesterday and it had mould in it... plus the free Lecture Pad was extremely wrecked. He went to the ARC stall today to change the backpack, and after some initial hesitation by the ARC staff, they eventually gave him a new one. The bag was inspected for a full 5-10 minutes though lol.

$149 for a shiny sticker on your student card and a so-called backpack... no thank you.

_santa

HSC
dude, theyre not gonna say 'oh man u suck', if u told em ur doing arts or some shit they'd still be like 'O WOW', they being nice.
That's the point, they're being too nice, it gives me the feeling of being brainwashed...maybe it's just because I'm naturally evil ;)

LordPc

HSC
ditto to what santa said

but also the conversation wouldnt continue anywhere. it would be "oh great. hey have you heard about... (talk about thier bible studies)"

natural conversation would be more along the lines of "oh ok. so what made you pick that degree?" or something like that

just doesnt feel right

_santa

HSC
ditto to what santa said

but also the conversation wouldnt continue anywhere. it would be "oh great. hey have you heard about... (talk about thier bible studies)"

natural conversation would be more along the lines of "oh ok. so what made you pick that degree?" or something like that

just doesnt feel right
LOL that was EXACTLY how it went for me! That exact phrase! ("Have you heard about...?")

Uncle

Banned
HSC
oh god no.....
But at least they don't use force to recruit members.

99.99% of people you befriend at O-week you'll never see again, so no need to worry.
Especially if they are people who aren't in your faculty.

I agree :)

My brother made my account and when he asked me what my username should be i just said 'meh, whatever you want' so he names me Dota55!!!!

I'm too lazy to change it :eek:
lol

Natendo

HSC
It seems to me like few (visiting the uni) are willing to go outside of their immediate already established friends group and talk to other non familiars (great way of putting it, no?)

I made the conscious decision not to walk around with anyone I knew and I met some very generous people. Ive even gone to the lengths of physically placing myself in random groups and asking just to hang out. I just tried not to think too much, before most times, otherwise I wouldnt have gone through with such behaviour. Ho ho ho

anyways, has anyone here been participating in any games i.e. extreme games or any other such activities? they always look so lonely

Last edited:

Uncle

Banned
HSC
It seems to me like no one is that willing to go outside of their immediate already established friends group and talk to other non familiars (great way of putting it, no?)

I made the conscious decision not to walk around with anyone I knew and I met some very generous people. Ive even gone to the lengths of physically placing myself in random groups and asking just to hang out. I just tried not to think too much, before most times, otherwise I wouldnt have gone through with such behaviour. Ho ho ho

anyways, has anyone here been participating in any games i.e. extreme games or any other such activities? they always look so lonely
Wheel of Misfortune delivers great entertainment.
Last time I went I downed a Weet-Bix without any liquid.
You get in groups which is good too, the winning group can share prizes and that is when you see how much they value their prize and decide between their comrades and their prizes.

xprshn

bum...
HSC
N/A
how was the line for the student ID guys ? still neeed to get mine. thinking of going during week 0 instead of o week. yes? no ? no yes?..

... and lol at the people who failed to make friends. i'll be your friend.

HSC
how was the line for the student ID guys ? still neeed to get mine. thinking of going during week 0 instead of o week. yes? no ? no yes?..

... and lol at the people who failed to make friends. i'll be your friend.
Line during O-Week was apocalyptically long.
Lol@them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)