How was your first day? (1 Viewer)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
So how was your first day at uni or your first day back at uni? Post your comments and thoughts here!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Well, I had Professional Practice and Culture today, which is a third year compulsory subject which I am doing in second year because I want to go on exchange next year. So, I didn't really know anyone.... and there is heaps and heaps and heaps of reading.... it seems really confusing and boring.

So yeah, I wish I was still on holidays!!!

Plus it was a 9am start.... ick!

pizzaman57

Insert Custom Title Here
HSC
First day went ok. I dunno if its just me, or did alot of people get confused about the whole signing up of tutorials during the Information Systems Principles lecture today?...mabye this belongs to another thread but i was wondering whether anyone signed up for a tutorial time which was the same as thier MTP time on thier timetable?
Apologies if i'm unclear...

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC
I think the lecture was ok, though the rest of the day was boring :p

pizzaman57 said:
First day went ok. I dunno if its just me, or did alot of people get confused about the whole signing up of tutorials during the Information Systems Principles lecture today?...mabye this belongs to another thread but i was wondering whether anyone signed up for a tutorial time which was the same as thier MTP time on thier timetable?
Apologies if i'm unclear...
And yes, everyone had no idea what was going on with that MTP. The sheet didn't even reach me so I had no idea until after where everyone was talking about it. Also most people went to their tutorial rooms and just sat there for like 5-10 minutes waiting for nothing. Everyone soon left afterwards though. Timetable was so unclear. Anyway, this was quoted from an email the lecturer has seemed to sent out to people:

For those of you who missed out the tutorial enrolment list this morning, you can email me for the registration. All email should be done by 2nd March.
I replied to her asking about the registration cause I have no idea what she's talking about, hopefully she'll clarify/fix up when she replies.

And in another email she sent soon after hehe:

Could the last student who sign up for the tutorial class kindly return me the 31060 tutorial list by today?
lol, I doubt most people would have checked their email at that time during UTS let alone check their UTS email today.

nuffsaid

BOS Founder
HSC
if you've been allocated an MTP class already, what's this registration business?

liveit_up

HSC
N/A
i turned up 30mins late for my tut and no1 was there then at the lecture they told us that there were on tuts for the first week for management (is that true for all business subjects???) and where do i check the timeables is it just goin in2 uts subject activites and clickin on my allocations on the left top hand corner ???

sypher

HSC
Had a Business Law & Ethics tutorial, then a Managing People & Organisations lecture (which was apparently very packed).

The Haymarket campus is very nice and cosy, and wow, they have trees.

liveit_up

HSC
N/A
so does that mean there are tuts for other subjects and where do i find out ???

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
muahahah
lab was funny :s but it was so boring i was going to die.
then had 3 hrs to spare. after that a 3 hr lecuture, which wasnt that bad.
i still dont like the transition!

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
most of the info flew past me! i guess i haven't adjusted yet out of holiday mode :eek: overall it was ok every1 was generally nice. i didn't expect there to be that many people there but there was heaaaaps. I love the city campus! It's soo lively! Lab was a bit scary! every1 was completely different to the people i stayed with in high school. Every1 i knew was in a different lab group so i was alone :( Lecture was ok! i don't know what i would've done if i was completely alone for that (probably sleeping). i didn't realise uni would be so tiring!

D.Larie

It's fine...
But the readings we've been given for Arts in Communication = *snore*
I'll have to suffer for 3 years

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i think there are no tuts this whole week, but oin the time table it said there was . hmm wierd
If the timetable says you have a tut or lab this week then you should go. ISP is a bit unorganised so that's probably what the problem was today.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
i dunno what i felt.

man i hate uni! :(

maybe im in the wrong faculty or something.

is it too late to change.? i dunno what else i have dopne wrong, but i hate uni and i dunno what to do- im gonna have to slug it out like always. the thing is that i have NO one to relate to. when i enter a class i make a friend very quickly but they're not like normal friends coz all they care about is work! i mean come on! the last thing i want on my mind is work!~ :( i feel like crying lolz!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)