How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolat

HSC
I just finished my exams and consequently am now on holidays....oh yeaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Loza33

HSC
ONE MORE TO GO, ONE MORE TO GO, ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

General maths!!! and that is it!!! Tomorrow... then finished by 11:15 and free!!!!!!!! well.. until work at 11am the next day... but still!!

Our headmaster is being all crazy and trying to stop all the boarders going out tomorrow night!! how mean is that? end of exams.. massive year party and he is trying to stop half the people!! Well, by the people i mean the guys... us girls are fine... i have no idea why.. but yea.... silly man...

Either way... still partying!!!

Sofstar

HSC
I went to school normal time (arrived at 8am) and i didnt have an exam until 12:30. Hahaha. So talked to people in the common room. Had last exam today!!!
Tis OVER!.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Am I dodgy today? Am I? Am I??

Maybe I'm dodgy every day, I don't know.

Was mixing stuff together in chem and the weirdest thing happened: adding zinc nitrate to lead nitrate + zinc metal and white swirls appeared wherever zinc nitrate is added, presumably a white precipitate? o.0 Any chem nerds care to explain? Uhh, chem...wizes...? :D

What's a good cure to PeTSD (Post-exam Traumatic Stress Disorder :mad1:) btw, people? Hmm, all lab benches looked inviting today. Felt like crawling under them and just never come out again. Or maybe my bed. With that fluffy quilt. And pillow. Does eating help? I've only got fruit available now though. Kinda not very...satisfying. I want chocolate. :mad1:

Not to mention that the half yearly reports would have ranks on them. Sigh. I wish the first phys and chem assessments weren't worth 30% :S Pretty much stuffed all my subjects now. A fortunate exception of maths, which I managed to refrain from stuffing up. ...... Much.

Gonna have a nice time looking at my ranks. :bomb:

(Bugger, I'm SO over high school already.)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
No school day is a great school day like today.

bringbackshred said:
Ahh, my life is now complete after feeling the wrath of the 24 hour banstick. HI GUYS.

To the mods, I only have one thing to say:

Anyway, so this post isn't considered SPAM, I thought I'd tell you all of the wierd day that was Friday.

I didn't have an exam at all, so I was asked to play guitar for a druming friend for his HSC, along with two other guys from his band (guitarist/screamer). Now our friend goes to a Private Catholic school. It must be very wierd for a private catholic school to see 3 guys walking around their school with metal tshirts and large amounts of musical equipment, because every single person stared at us. EVERY SINGLE PERSON. 'Twas extremely wierd. To further compund the situation, we got told that we should be able to practise for roughly 45minutes AT LEAST, however this number quickly got whittled down to somewhere in the region of 15 minutes. So here we are, 4 guys that have never played the song together before getting 15 minutes to practice for a HSC Half Yearly practical exam. SWEET. We managed to get through the song 3 times before we had to turn down at the end of lunch. Remember what I said about the school being very conservative? (well, I implied it at least) Imagine the music teacher coming to hear us playing very loud and playing quite a heavy song, namely I Killed The Prom Queen's Sharks In Your Mouth. By the time the teacher was happy with the volume, the drummer was barely hitting the kit and we had turned our amps down from 7 to 2. Sweet.

Funy thing is though, we nailed the performance, even though we were headbanging and jumping around like lunatics (or normally for a metal act). According to the drummer, the teacher was impressed which is always a good thing for a metal act, considering it is a lot different to anything most music teachers we know.

So yeah, that was the story of my day yesterday. Quite fun indeed.

You more than likely got the same exam paper as us. We got the same question.
u pimp ur desktop ?

idling fire

HSC
bringbackshred said:
Hahahaha, I loled at the irony. However, your teacher must be pretty crap to have the music THAT low. When our music plays, it is the only thing you can hear pretty much. Thankfully.
Nah, teacher's ok. About halfway through we got to stop so they could finish their silly assembly. Exam-room conditions became non-existant til they were done. :)

xoCandyGurlxo

HSC
You guys r soo lucky most of u have finished exams i still have 2 to go. Mtahs exam today wasnt as bad as i thought it owuld b i didnt leave any questions but i think i mixed up a few but feeling pretty confident even thou it is maths. Retail 2moro the one ive been looking forward to. ( i know looking forward to an exam is strange). It so easy. I got 91 in my yearly so im pumped!

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
xoCandyGurlxo said:
You guys r soo lucky most of u have finished exams i still have 2 to go. Mtahs exam today wasnt as bad as i thought it owuld b i didnt leave any questions but i think i mixed up a few but feeling pretty confident even thou it is maths. Retail 2moro the one ive been looking forward to. ( i know looking forward to an exam is strange). It so easy. I got 91 in my yearly so im pumped!
kewl u rose from general maths to maths ?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
@Loza33: I'm curious as to what restrictions, rules etc you have placed on you living at a boarding school. Are you aloud to leave whenever you want, what about work, driving, what happens when your sick, when are you aloud to stay up till, tv, internet, meals, bathrooms, sleeping etc etc. I'm just interested what life is like 'essentially' (although I know your not really) living at school.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
pritnep said:
@Loza33: I'm curious as to what restrictions, rules etc you have placed on you living at a boarding school. Are you aloud to leave whenever you want, what about work, driving, what happens when your sick, when are you aloud to stay up till, tv, internet, meals, bathrooms, sleeping etc etc. I'm just interested what life is like 'essentially' (although I know your not really) living at school.
I concur.

Loza33

HSC
pritnep said:
Haha fair enough...

ok, well my school is half and half... so boarding and day kids, our roll call used to be spilt up that way, but now it is in house (as in sporting house) groups.. anyhoo, kind of off topic already but..

Leave... for the weekend. is quite simple for yr 12 girls... we just go to our house mistress - "i am going to 'so and so's for saturday night" and she goes "ok, get your mother to call me and its fine".. pretty simple.. sucks if you have a harsh mother but my mum is fine... if you are a guy or in a younger year, then you have to have a fax from the place were you are staying... which makes it difficult when you are going to a party kind of thing...

Work... you arent really allowed... because we dont have time... but in special circumstances you are.. i just have a job in the holidays and go back there...

Driving.... not many boarders have their cars here... only me and another girl do (except mine is broken)... our house mistress has our keys and we ahve to ask her for them and have a good reason... to go in another persons car we have to have parents permission and permission from their parents...

When we are sick.. we have a sisters - like a nurses station that we go to for injuries and illnesses... if it is bad we go home or to hospital...

The girls in yr 7,8,9 have lights out at 9:30pm, 10 and 11 girls go out at 10 pm... yr 12 have their own rooms, so we have to stay in there after 10pm but we can have our lights, laptops etc on as late as we want!

Meals - dining hall.... not that nice food... but it is ok.. really sucks for me, because it is hard to have a healthy diet, which i need or else my diabetes goes crazy... but other than that it is ok...

Bathrooms - one to juniors, which is 4 showers and 4 toilets, seniors is 4 toilets, 8 showers! I have my own shower though

sleeping - two dorms... 7,8,9 and then 10,11... two common rooms - senior and junior, which have kitchens. yr 12 own rooms - two big ones, rest are smaller

Any more questions.. go for it!!

Legham

HSC
Eeek.. so glad i don't go to a boarding school.. My mum threatened me with it a couple of times, but i just told her that if she sent me to boarding school i'd just drop out and fail at life. :) Cause i would.

Loza33

HSC
Legham said:
Eeek.. so glad i don't go to a boarding school.. My mum threatened me with it a couple of times, but i just told her that if she sent me to boarding school i'd just drop out and fail at life. :) Cause i would.
haha, that is a nice threat!! well, funnily enough, i actually chose to go....
It was between here and Newtown school of performing arts... i really wanted to go to newtown, but i needed to get away from home.. it was difficult.. sometimes i imagine.. hm.. 'waht if i went to newtown' kinda of thing, but generally ive accepted it!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
WOW! That is pretty controlled and restricted more so then you made it seem. ;) Why are they more strict on boys though, I guess because more likely to play up but girls can get in just as much if not more trouble...

What about TV, homework, study etc is that all regulated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)