How well did u go for first HSC assessments? (1 Viewer)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Kujah said:
Same. I did better in 3U than 2U. 99% for 3U and 98% for 2U. :eek:

I'm glad its the holidays now, but at the same time, I'm going to miss the normal schedule of school :/
those marks are so similier( with awesomeness) doing worse in 2u isnt a bad thing in your case.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Zephyrio said:
What do you think happened though? As long as you can improve your rank later, you'll be fine. ^_^
yeah i know where I went wrong and they were just silly mistakes and most of the errors I made were in the easiest questions. I actually could have done them in my head !

It's just the fact that it's made me have to work so much more harder to keep up with my rank and marks. And plus it's a personal disappointment that I done so bad.

neeksy45

HSC
wow i thought i did pretty well but you all dominate...haha.
oh well.

advanced english-17.5/20 (2nd out of 53)
Earth and Environment-94%(1st out of 25?)
mathematics-52%(7th out of 9)

they are the only results i got back.was really pleased(apart from maths but that was expected coz my teacher is mean)with them, considering i barely studied :p
is anybody elses year just exceptionally slack?
i mean there is 10 kids doing advanced maths.and only one doing extension 2.
:)

live.fast

HSC
N/A
Hey guys- I see everyone on bOs is doing well for 08! Just wishing you all luck for your HSC yEAr, exams, assessments and other assorted HSC goodies loll

If you need help with subjects that I have done last year, Ancient / History Extension / Maths, Maths 3u / Eng / Software / Philosophy - then just PM me, or see my tutoring thread below!

Otherwise, GOODLUCK ALL!! =D hope ya all get the UAI's your aiming for!

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
live.fast said:
Hey guys- I see everyone on bOs is doing well for 08! Just wishing you all luck for your HSC yEAr, exams, assessments and other assorted HSC goodies loll

If you need help with subjects that I have done last year, Ancient / History Extension / Maths, Maths 3u / Eng / Software / Philosophy - then just PM me, or see my tutoring thread below!

Otherwise, GOODLUCK ALL!! =D hope ya all get the UAI's your aiming for!
Tad off topic but I'm wondering how you can be "equal third" with 1000 in Ancient History?

live.fast

HSC
N/A
My HSC Raw Mark wasn't 100. The mark I got was aligned by the Board of Studies to Board of Studies standards. For my 99/100 (Probably), they saw fit to give me a HSC mark of 100. 3 Other people got my same raw mark, whilst those 2 who came first probably scored full marks (raw) in their exam.

Last edited:

ccc123

HSC
Melissy said:
I have received over 80% in everything so far...so if i keep this up, can anyone tell me what UAI i can expect....:santa:

Pssh. Joke. As if anyone can tell from such limited information. Your UAI will be determined by a vast array of factors, including what subjects you do, the quality of your cohort, the difficulty of your assessments, your performance in the external exams, the performance of the individual cohorts in each of your subjects, the standards of the 2008 cohort in general...
...the list goes on and on.

Remember, the UAI is a rank calculated via a highly complex process that few people fully understand. Thus, the fact that your assessment marks have been 80% + in the first narrow phase of the course, while a good sign, is alone of no relevance to, and no indicator of, your 2008 UAI.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
ccc123 said:
I wish, too! lolz

It's not unfair to say that tho you get well above 90% in your school assessment marks, you can easily fall to 70 in HSC and land 'safely' 60 in UAI. Well, this doesn't mean I distrust any suggestion of my teachers and their prediction, just to prove the unavoidable scenarios!

Do you guy believe in whatever your teachers tell you like that about your possible bands in the HSC? I just find it hard to rely on such. There's one guy who was expected to get band 6 in Bio but then he only got a middle band 5! The other two in IPT had the same destiny! Just so stressed. My first assessment marks don't tell me anything. They don't give me any clue :(

ccc123

HSC
Undermyskin said:
I wish, too! lolz

\Do you guy believe in whatever your teachers tell you like that about your possible bands in the HSC? I just find it hard to rely on such. There's one guy who was expected to get band 6 in Bio but then he only got a middle band 5! The other two in IPT had the same destiny! Just so stressed. My first assessment marks don't tell me anything. They don't give me any clue :(
Nah, I don't trust teachers that much when they predict how well certain people will do in certain subjects.Obviously, your teachers and assessments marks will give you a rough indication of how you are going, but ultimately, the HSC external exams are the most heavily weighted assessements of all, and it is these which will really determine your "destiny", so to speak.

vasuu91

HSC
wow....this site is full of geniuses......pretty pleased wid my marks too..
english...havent got it back..
maths--100%....1st with 7-8 others
maths extn 1---97% ....2nd with 1 other
maths extn 2----97%.....1st with one other
ancient----97.5%....1st
legal----95%....3rd
business-----82%......4th...:(

hope other asessments go well too.....good luck guys!!!!
and a very happy new year to y'all!!

ccc123

HSC
vasuu91 said:
wow....this site is full of geniuses......pretty pleased wid my marks too..
english...havent got it back..
maths--100%....1st with 7-8 others
maths extn 1---97% ....2nd with 1 other
maths extn 2----97%.....1st with one other
ancient----97.5%....1st
legal----95%....3rd
business-----82%......4th...:(

hope other asessments go well too.....good luck guys!!!!
and a very happy new year to y'all!!
Won't elaborate on the supreme irony.

Neverthless, good job!

vasuu91

HSC
Mark576 said:
What school do you go to vasuu91?
probably never heard of it........william clarke college...in kellyville...near castle hill/baulkham hills....:)

sophxxx

HSC
i was quite pleased with how i did, considering i didnt do heaps of work to prepare.

english - 13.5/15
general maths - 35/36
business - 17/20
ancient - 21/25
legal 16/20 .. the only one i wasnt happy with..
geography - first assessment in term 1

Annalisee

HSC
I don't know all mine yet because all our assesments were crammed into the last week... not that well as far as I can recall.
English, 10/15
Biology 91%
....yeah that's all we got back actually
Had SOR, Ancient, Maths and Drama ones that they didn't get back before the holidays

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
回覆: Re: How well did u go for first HSC assessments?

:< doing much worst than Preliminary:<<<<<<<<

lorikeet

New Year's Eve
HSC
English Extension 10/10, 1st out of three lol. V. happy about that. my teacher was impressed and made me read it in front of the others, which I felt kind of bad about.
English adv 10/10 wooot! 1st out of like 16 or something.
Eng Ext 2 9/10, all three of us got that, so equal first. little annoyed, I don't really know why the mark was taken off.
Modern History I'm not exactly sure, we did 4 source tests out of 25, but they were all weighted differently, so I couldn't tell you.
Maths 13/14 or something, tied equal 2nd out of like 15. Lost a mark because I forgot the identifying feaures of a rhombus! how crap!
Art 20/20, 1st of of about 14. Not sure if that counts though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)