• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How well did u go for first HSC assessments? (1 Viewer)

Zephyrio

HSC
Faytle said:
Yep, that was our first HSC assessment task. It was on globalisation and free trade/protection; we're expected to do our case studies in our own time (meaning no one has actually done it) ;/.

It doesn't count, as in you're not expecting the 2 units of Eco to count because you're doing well in 4U? I just dropped 4U, haha. Seriously hoping I won't regret it :eek:.
You won't regret it.

In all seriousness, 2U is easy (unless you come to my school -__-;) and it doesn't put much strain on you. I dropped 4U too.

princesscal

Banned
HSC
gm.haider3000 said:
did you have to write a report for it faytle or what.. yeah so far were on topic 3 .. were use leading edge book .. what books are you using
Are you fucking serious? You're up to the third topic? How is that possible without you skimming over everything?

We still haven't finished Australia in the Global Economy.

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
gm.haider3000 said:
did you have to write a report for it faytle or what.. yeah so far were on topic 3 .. were use leading edge book .. what books are you using
It was just multiple choice and short answer questions!
I'm using the same book as you, we've done Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 6. Our teacher is retiring so the past few weeks have just been farewell parties and all, so we've stopped working for a while now :eek:.

gm.haider3000

HSC
princesscal yeah we do like almost a chapter a week .. were half almost half way .. whats skimming we finish everything.. becuase when ever we have eco like around 3 to 4 exercises we do 4 homework what book you use

gm.haider3000

HSC
shit your lucky our 1 is a freakin report .. if you look through the 2 case studies were doing that... just write a simple report and its due on monday .. hey who has ext 1 maths test in this week.. mine is on bio theorem and method of approx :) advanced simplicity

princesscal

Banned
HSC
Oh right, yeah we don't get homework.

We use the new Riley textbook.

HSC
gm.haider3000 said:
princesscal yeah we do like almost a chapter a week .. were half almost half way .. whats skimming we finish everything.. becuase when ever we have eco like around 3 to 4 exercises we do 4 homework what book you use
I can't understand what the hell you're saying. o_O

We've done chapters 1, 2, 3 and 5 on the Leading Edge textbook...

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
princesscal said:
Yeh, we don't either. Economics is pretty much a self-study subject at my school. The teacher gives us "theory" which is basically him reading the syllabus and giving definitions from the textbook.

gm.haider3000 said:
shit your lucky our 1 is a freakin report .. if you look through the 2 case studies were doing that... just write a simple report and its due on monday .. hey who has ext 1 maths test in this week.. mine is on bio theorem and method of approx :) advanced simplicity
Hahah, I know. I'm so glad it wasn't an extended response :eek:.
Maths Ext 1 is on Friday for me; locus, induction and polynomials.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Great results guys.

I have MX1 tomorrow, and Biology practical on Wednesday. Chemistry assignment on Week 10, and the school's forcing me to sit the 2U exam on the same week as well.

As for my English assessment task, I've been told that the essays will be marked by two teachers for cross-references and will be given back next year.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
I had my 3u maths exam today. I think I'll get in the 70's - 80's range. Okay but it was a pretty shit as easy test so I'm not so happy with that.
English assessment I got 90%. Ranked maybe around 3rd or 4th which I'm totally stoked about.
Will get other results later.

Foxodi

HSC
Modern History - 88% (2/10)
4u Maths - 80% (1/5)

Will be getting BS back on wednesday, rest next year prob.

Black Hawker

HSC
princesscal said:

We use the new Riley textbook.
We use Leading Edge. Used Riley last year (year 11).

Which year edition are you using? I'm thinking of buying the 2008 one if its good.

princesscal

Banned
HSC
2008 edition, it is pretty comprehensive.. but I haven't used anything else so I can't really compare.

princesscal

Banned
HSC
Yeah, but it was the 2006 prelim riley book.

Ummm pretty similar to be honest, some things are complicated and require explaining from the teacher. He explains some concepts weird and uses words which make it a lot harder to understand when put together.

Yamiyo

HSC
English: 11/15 (20/120ish) not a good start... :( could've been worse though)
Japanese Cont: 27/33 (2/7) meh... its where I want to be, but it doesn't give me a huge advantage/ headstart
Chemistry: 18/20 (1/34) W00t! I completely screwed up my assignment last year so this was a pleasant surprise.
Maths: 37/40 (About 3rd-5th) but I'm doing 4u so it doesn't count...
For most of my subjects, the first assessments aren't until half yearlies at end of term 1...
Good luck with assessments everyone!

Last edited:

Black Hawker

HSC
princesscal said:
Yeah, but it was the 2006 prelim riley book.

Ummm pretty similar to be honest, some things are complicated and require explaining from the teacher. He explains some concepts weird and uses words which make it a lot harder to understand when put together.
Yeah, i used exactly the same book. I found it good as I actually understood it.

On the other hand, I didn't really use it too much. Came 6th without reading much of it at home.

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
13.8/15 for Economics. First.

10/15 for English Adv. God knows the rank.

Not that it matters for either of them.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
i got

92% in business.
70% maths

Had bio prac today.
english speech tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)