How would moderation work in a class of 2 students? (1 Viewer)

raggiedoll

Scumbag
HSC
Hello,

I go to a top 40 school and do French Extension, where students have gotten an E4 consistently each year. However, this year there's only myself and another student, and for Mid-Course I got 80%, whereas she got 90%. How exactly is this going to work out in the end if she's first and I'm last?

Also, for French Continuers, there's five of us. For Mid-Course, the same student who does French Extension got 100%, I got 98%, the next mark was 92% and the others were in the mid to late 80s. Also, this test was NOT marked easy - our school has gotten state ranks for this subject before. If I'm ranked second, will my mark still be pulled down by much even if I could possibly be considered an 'outlier'?

And I know the importance of coming first in a subject, but honestly, the student coming first is aiming for 99.95 and I'm really trying my hardest. So don't tell me "just aim for first" because I already am!

Last edited:

raggiedoll

Scumbag
HSC
I've read that but it doesn't say anything about an abnormally small class size - there's only a first and last.

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
I supose it all depends on your overall mark. Work hard and you'll get the mark you deserve! There's only 5 people in my language class.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Tapatalk

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I've read that but it doesn't say anything about an abnormally small class size - there's only a first and last.
2 students:

1st student - first
2nd student - last

it's no different from a cohort of 10 or 200

raggiedoll

Scumbag
HSC
Okay, so would that mean that if the other student got a higher internal mark in the end, that my internal mark would be the mean of our two marks combined? And if I got a higher external mark than her, we'd end up getting the same external mark anyway? Sorry if I sound stupid.

Last edited:

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Okay, so would that mean that if the other student got a higher internal mark in the end, that my internal mark would be the mean of our two marks combined? And if I got a higher external mark than her, we'd end up getting the same external mark anyway? Sorry if I sound stupid.
why don't you stop worrying about how marks are calculated/scaled/aligned and start studying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)