Howard Supporters?? (1 Viewer)

PenelopeK

S Healer
HSC
are there any howard supporters out there? all i hear is pro-latham and anit-howard...

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
you have a pro-liberal, anti-two party system, anti-american, anti-'war on terror' voter right here.

PenelopeK

S Healer
HSC
finally! i cannot stand anymore of this "latham is a breath of fresh air to the Australian Government" its more like he's a puff of pot smoke to the already perfect australian gov.

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
ahh...
i've fallen in love with you.

(edit: you also do many of my subjects. new best friend! :D ;))

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
its kinda propaganda(ish)... but that doesnt stop me loving it.
he wants to sustain budget surpluses, no matter what.
at least howard can lie convincingly.... Latham's lie (above) is so clumsy that i am now sure of my vote.

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
they're not.
you're just seeing the bleeding hearts of idealistic children, adolescents, young people or young adults... you decide which label their maturity warrants.
i'm not a fan of idealism, i'm a fan of realism. realistically, Latham is the worst man for the job right now.

PenelopeK

S Healer
HSC
"realistically, Latham is the worst man for the job right now"

thats exactally right! the best thing ive heard all day

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
rey, howard ppls! hahahaaaaaa, finally sum1 who shares my point of view! considering i goto a CATHOLIC skool, which if u think about it means the teachers are very very left-wing, my english teacher praises latham, n as sed previously, states hes a breath of fresh air, which is might b true in the sense that hes a new moronic person who goes after the popular choices and is maing probable false promises, but neways, howard.....if it aint broke, y fix it?

i cant vote, but im sick of labor, so in 4 more yrs it wont be latham

ohh yeh, soz, but when i sed catholic i have nothing against catholics, but its just that they seem to be mainly labor supporters, n yeh, catholic skool supports labor, etc etc, so i hope i dont offend ne1

Last edited:

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I'm voting Labor because well, though economics is important - it isn't the be all and end all of civilisation.

If only we didn't have a crappy two-party "democracy" (COUGH COUGH, yeah two parties = democracy! Right...) then maybe things would work better...

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
100% pro-LIBERAL. However, I dont particulary like the Nationals...they, like the Labor Party claim to represent a group of people, who in actual fact they dont.

All this talk about Latham being a breath of fresh air is total crap. Latham represents 1970 Labor, so in actual fact its not fresh air but an old breeze.

tWiStEdD: Mate, absolutely love the sig!!! Its so true.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Latham is actually advocates a new "third way" of thinking free off the outdated and RESOLVED notions of left v. right politics. It is closer in thinking to 1970s Liberal party (at least in terms of some policies) than it is to 1970s Labor.

If you actually took the time to read some of Labor's policies and read about Latham's philosophy as in books like Civilising Global Capital and Social Capital you'll realise that he advocates small government, embracing globalisation and running a good healthy economy driven by education.

Add to that of course, that he has a B. Ec with Honours from USYD. I don't think that the attacks on Labor and Latham in regards to economics are justified.

PenelopeK

S Healer
HSC
John Howard has to make changes, as australia grows and changes so do the policies

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
Ziff said:
Latham is actually advocates a new "third way" of thinking free off the outdated and RESOLVED notions of left v. right politics. It is closer in thinking to 1970s Liberal party (at least in terms of some policies) than it is to 1970s Labor.

If you actually took the time to read some of Labor's policies and read about Latham's philosophy as in books like Civilising Global Capital and Social Capital you'll realise that he advocates small government, embracing globalisation and running a good healthy economy driven by education.

Add to that of course, that he has a B. Ec with Honours from USYD. I don't think that the attacks on Labor and Latham in regards to economics are justified.
third way actually leans towards liberalism, does it not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)