How'd You all Go... Aahaha beat you all to it... (2 Viewers)

pizzy

yeah....for that multiplier one, how could you work it out when there were 3 different MPS's... i just worked it out for all 3 yrs but i really have no idea, so could someone perhaps enlighten me???

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
"yeah....for that multiplier one, how could you work it out when there were 3 different MPS's... i just worked it out for all 3 yrs but i really have no idea, so could someone perhaps enlighten me???"

Well u see, u had to find the MARGINAL propensity to consume. I fink wen u said u work it our for all 3 yrs. U actually worked out the AVERAGE propensity to consume.

Ur spose to find the MPC by looking at the change in income in each yr and the change in consumption in each yr. You will see a pattern.
I fink it was for every increase in income of 100, consumption rose by 60

therefore mpc = 0.6
mps = 0.4
k = 1/0.4 = 2.5

kaseita

the other way is to look at the change in savings, over change in income, which will give you MPS. then you can solve it from there.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by sif not 99
i did question 27 dont know many who did

really what was so hard about it???
I did that question as well, but only cause I misread question 28.

I was pretty pissed about that when I got out of the exam and looked at the questions again.

macca202

Originally posted by nakata
i dont think your entire mark relies on your hsc test. It still gets modulated according to your school assesment mark, and most importantly, your rank for the subject.
how is there still confusion about what marks we get. your entire mark for each subject is made up of 50% on your INDIVUAL raw test score which is alligned to bands(like what MinAi said about 4U maths), and 50% your moderated assesment mark, which looks at your rank from your class and how your class did in the test (your school could take 20 marks off everybodys assesment mark that they submit to the BOS and the mark you recieve from the BOS when results come out would probably still be the same) Thats kinda why the school is not allowed to give you the assesment mark that the submit to the BOS - cos the marks will not be the same so doing this will avoid confusion and complaints

-=MLhtʻ=- , learn to quote!

banx006

i am a dumb shit...i didnt even think to say anything really about revenue raising activity...i did however find that you could use current econ data in the protection question --> the US Farm Bill and the EU CAP which both significantly effect our export base, but i did speak about how economies benefit from protection...cant believe i forgot diagrams..

and distance ed sux arse did it last year and had to answer questions in my exam that i didnt get notes for...in fact i didnt even get one topics notes for business studies!!!

fiscal q was pretty easy..i studied for it and could have answered either...i thought they would ask policy questions....lucky they did:D

did anyone go out on wednesday night and get completely drunk???

nakata

thats pretty much what i did too. Finding the multiplier is jus
k=1/(1-MPC). And MPC is change of consumption over change in income which is calculated by jus using the first and last years of consumption and income. and that will give you your MPC, sub it in that formula, and you get 2.5. Simple :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
mm yes, I almost got fooled by the multiple years and all

but my method was that I added Y and I, and the MPC was C/Y+I, and I knew (or hoping) I was wen for all 3 years, it came up as 0.6, and so therefore k=2.5

I think this is how everyone else did it?

and I went out till very late on wed nite...but didnt get drunk :rolleyes:

cainen

Originally posted by banx006

and distance ed sux arse did it last year and had to answer questions in my exam that i didnt get notes for...in fact i didnt even get one topics notes for business studies!!!

There wasnt anything in the hsc exam that i hadnt been given notes for in distance ed eco...though in year 11 i missed out on a whole topic 'markets' then got tested on it in the half yearlies and everyone wondered why i did so badly in it, including me. Later on i realised i was tested on something i hadnt done. At the time i thought i really should improve my study methods because half of it didnt even look familiar..

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
"-=MLhtʻ=- , learn to quote!"

Man, the HSC is over, so i aint learning nuffin ok!?!

Besides, sif i have time to press an extra button and wait for the thing to load:rolleyes:

KitKat

i thought it was pretty good, it examined the things that i understood lol. i did the micro question and the protection one, i think i did better on the protection one though (i started going around in circles about structural change in the micro one).

nakata

i know, the micro question was abit strange, i found it hard to talk wholey on structural change and micro policy, so i kinda talked bout micro on its own as well, oh well

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
i talked a bit about macro too, and how micro fit in with the whole "policy mix", jus for good measure...putting everything into perspective

nakata

yeh, jus hope that is enuf, im jus hoping to get an average mark
round 15 will make me happy

nakata

i know, some essay questions require stacks of theories, and others, alot of statistics and facts. i think if you are able to shove alot of facts and statistics in with abit of theory, you will go good, no matter how crap you think you went.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)