How'd You's Go? (1 Viewer)

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
I thought section II was pretty good. I got 6 and a half pages.
Section I on the other hand was harder.

anyway how'd use all go
Finally We Are Free! :D

ALF85

Well i thought the question on australian drama (Silk and Doll) was pretty good, i did a book +1 page.
The other question american drama (Streetcar and Speed the Plow) was awful. It wasnt what i expected, american life? Did 1 Book + 3 pages

LUVELS

I loved australian drama (the doll) i thought that was the easier of the two, but absurdism (Waiting for godot) was a little harder. what was that question on about. I still got a booklet filled, but it is a booklet of endless nothings, quite like absurdism! you could say my essay was a form of absurdism, do you think the markers will pick that up?

holdoll

heya!! I liked both questions.....i did..

1) Australian - 7 stages and Running up a dress -10 pages...
2) American - Streetcar and Our town - 8 pages..

I thought section one (oz) was harder than American...I thought it would be so much more broad.. but i rambled alot of crap and I felt like it was good stuff!!!!! I like American coz i knew alot of the history of theatre and what was goin on in society...

Hope uz all did GR8!!!!! Much love.....

Nearlythere

HSC
N/A
Yeah i thought that bush/city was heaps hard, the statement didnt relate to the question!
American drama was better but only cos it was a bit clearer. But im devo cos im STILL not finished and i cant be bothered to study!

huck fenn

The Australian theatre question was a major oddball for me, and everyone in my class. The absurdist question was striaght down the line really

Leanne

HSC
Originally posted by Nearlythere
Yeah i thought that bush/city was heaps hard, the statement didnt relate to the question!
totally agree!!! i got totally muddled up..structre was all out of whack....hopefully what i said was ok....i loved the brecht question tho.....it was so straight forward!!

Trina85

HSC
Well i thought the drama exam was pretty indepth...the first time i read both qt's i was like WHAT THE F*?! does that mean! Then i read them ova and ova again and as i got started i was pearlin' along eva so nicely...but i am not sure it was the right stuff.
I tired using example after example but its so much easier to just generalise.
n e ways thats it for me

Sassasas

YAY no more drama theory!!!
back to acting like a drama queen lol

Um... i thought the questions were pretty shitty... both on characters kinda.. BRRRR

but i got 8 pages for aussie bush and city
10 for absurdism

Saul

*ss
HSC
oh yeah: 13 pages for Australian and 12 for Absurdist

fringey

HSC
I stuffed american i just wrote such a shit essay. Australia was a bit better. I found it so hard to put quotes and examples in the answers because it took so bloody long to explain why they were relevant to the question grrr.
Thankgod its over

yeah yeah yeah

yeah drama was my 2nd last followed by cafs. WHAT A RELIEF!!
i found the australian drama (sos and tos) to be kinda shite, but i went awesome in the absurd play godot and managed to fill 2 books. Maybe i related more to the absurdism who knows but i am not all that bothered just glad its all finished

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE FOR STICKING IN OUT!!!

Last edited:

*jaydee*

HSC
I did Australian Contemporary (7 Stages of Grieving and Gary's House) & even though I wasn't really expecting a character question I think I did ok. Did you guys support that statement or argue against it? I argued against it big time.

My other topic was Brecht and that was sweet as.

Well folks, I'm all finished now & congrats to everyone else who is as well, WE MADE IT! :)

Ashleet

HSC
took a few mins to comprehend what the questions were asking (Aust. Bush & city (the doll and mother and son) and Irish (plough and playboy) but once i understood they weren't actually too bad, preferred last years questions though. Wrote 11pgs Aust. and 10 for Irish.

K-Lo

hmm that paper was so much harder than i expected, australian was ok (seven stages and no sugar), i argued against the statement. irish was pretty hard (dancing at lughnasa and beauty queen of leenane) but i still managed to fill 2 1/2 books for both so thats ok....im just glad its finally over!!!!!!! :D

lightenup

absurdist was good. an easily comprehendable question, which i like...the oz one was a different story for me.

congrats on finishing everyone.

be sunsafe biatch

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Did you all argue against Australian Drama??! I managed to get my hands on a copy of the exam, and my teacher wants us to write an essay. Id agree, i mean look at Gary's House. But id probably end up going the other way for running up a dress. So I'd be a fence sitter! :)

stump

i said that yes, the characters were stereotyped, but that it doesn't weaken the drama. the question was alot more specific than it's been in past years, i was couting on it being quite broad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)