hows art eXpress this year ? ? (1 Viewer)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by stareathesun

then im going to an exhibition about tracey moffatt. (one or 2 f's? I dunno)
how excellent was the tracey moffatt exhibition? one of the best i've ever seen, she's my favourite artist hands down.

lalaynie

I must admit, without meaning to be rude to those artists who did get into Art Express on a whole I didnt find the exhibition that great.
The charcoal drawings were fairly amazing, and although I sort of agree with the tracings part that mentioned, I think that those people should be so proud of their works because they are amazing. Some of the famous artists use different artmaking practices, and most of them project onto larger canvases so I think that maybe some people should be a little bit more appreciative of the works, especially when the chances are they might be reading what you are writing. Art in the HSC for most people is something they enjoy and are good at, but I speak on behalf of some of us who aren't going to be famous artists or make that our sole passion in life. Thats not to say some of you arent but I think you need to show a little more tact instead of criticising, and if you are going to criticise do so in a mature way instead of picking apart someone's work. Remember we will or have spent hours on these works and for them to even go into Art Express they are extraordinary.
Sure, there were a few works that I didn't particularly understand or didnt find the aesthetic quality to be outstanding, but there were a few that I thought to be original and quite different to what I've seen before. I particularly loved the panels as you walked into the first space that were positioned on a raised box... they were amazing. As were a fair few of the animations, oh! the patience to do that! Congrats to you all who got in, you're a great inspiration (Give me all your knowledge dammit so I can at least be half as great!)
Good luck to all of you who are now stressing no doubt just like me! Have a great one!

jaNetix

i went!!
about time ayy.....ummm wat 2 say....
i liked it better than last years, still pissed i didnt get in...coz mine woulda looked good there!
annimations and video's were mostly very good
charcoal stuff was the best!!!.,...sooo good for a 17-18 yr old to do that!!

ohh did u guys go to the regular section down the escalators...in that room theres this scary scantily clad guy singing some song bout bein 'flurescent man'??????.....so funni
that was the highlite

Last edited:

lalaynie

OH MY GOSH YES I DID!!
That was the scariest moment of my life, seeing an ugly hairy man in small leather pants (please dear god dont tell me that was a g string) singing some random song about ejaculating. Surely was the highlight.. im still having nightmares.

jaNetix

soooooooooooooooooooo pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i found out yesterday from my art teacher that me and 2 mates got 42/50...which just puts us 1 mark under shortlisting for artXpress.....................

words cant describe the agony...............................

*&(^&$^#$!#~$#$$&^(*&*()*(_(_()+&$!#~#@~#!$@!$ !!

lalaynie

I think the sadistic lil f**kers must enjoy it hey...
But that is also a very good mark you should be proud anyway! Congrats!

soso

HSC
N/A
No need to be pissed off, remember the person who came 1st in the state didn't get in. They had to ring and ask for her BOW to include it. What does that tell you.

Too much hype about Artexpress. Its like winning the lottery you do or you don't. Chill out

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
i gets to newcastle in april.. and i cant wait.. will ive you my opinion then..

one of my friends got in and his work was awesome...

yayayyaayayayayay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)