how's everydoby going with studying?!?! (1 Viewer)

"Chubby"

HSC
since there hasn't been a new thread on here for some time, i decided to start a new one...

so....how is everyone going?!?! for me, i absolutely hate studying for ecosystems!!!

emily2005

HSC
N/A
Yeah same i reckon il be fine for skills but totally screwed for the essays!! How does everyone study for the extended responses just notes or prepared essays?

BlackDragon

HSC
i am dying. haven't been able to do anything for a long time. dying. ARGH. why can't i study at this critical point in time? it shows how much i hate it i suppose.

p.s. i don't do geo. i dropped it. but its a good subject. probably shouldn't have. was ranked like 1st. =/

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Not doing too shabby with study, currently still re-writing every syllabus dot point (up to urban dynamics at the moment), then think i'll just constantly revise over those and do a few practise essays (which they really usually directly refer to specific dot points). Having trouble actually remembering world city stuff though, it just won't stick :( Ecosystems case studies are going to need a bit more work too. Think I should be ok with the skills, almost got 100% on the skills section in the trial.

Montato

HSC
At the moment, I'm going through a lot of the skills based questions.

I'm fine with the content (did what uhaww did, just following the syllabus dot points) and the essays, you can almost predict either what it's going to be or one of three options - just prepared and learnt them).

But skills is generally my weakness so I'm going through all the past papers and doing them with a skills textbook (doesn't cover all of them, but I've got class notes on some) to make sure I know how to do them.

RubiX

HSC
Geo is such a bitch to study for.. Skills are awesome but Long response are shit!! I hate economic.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
BlackDragon said:
i am dying. haven't been able to do anything for a long time. dying. ARGH. why can't i study at this critical point in time? it shows how much i hate it i suppose.

p.s. i don't do geo. i dropped it. but its a good subject. probably shouldn't have. was ranked like 1st. =/
I was the same. As long as you worked consistently throughout the year, you should be fine.

As the HSC gets closer, you'll study more.

Just do a little bit, often.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Hmm looking through last years Geography forum, it seems alot of them weren't expecting the essay questions they got in the exam, which do seem like pretty crappy questions.. looking over my dot points I only have a few pages that would cover some of those questions, not even that. Kind of makes me scared we are going to get something crappy this year, so take this notice to make sure everything is covered. I really really hope we don't get something as bad or something that seems like such a minor issue this year.. I'm hating the thought that my potential in Geography is going to be decided by luck of the essay question..

RubiX

HSC
haha know exactly how feel mate. I reckon Geo will be my worst subject by far.. Ha and they say the sciences are hard.. pfft they dont have to do 3 extended responses! Nah im more worried that the essay is going to be on something huge like "explain the factors influencing the nature, character, spatial patterns and future directions of an economic activity in the global context..." something like that.. Hope they don't expect us to write about every factor.. to much shit to remember..

emily2005

HSC
N/A
What shits me is when people say to toy 'oh geo must be so easy' all it is is colouring shit' its so not. Firstly the skills kill you and then theres three extendeds where you really have no idea what there gonna be! I swear geo needs to get scaled more we so deserve it

*Lozzie*

HSC
geo study is pretty good ecosystems are crap because we did mangroves SO BORING but everything else shoud be sweet need tokeep practising skills so i dont forget them lol

uberschveinen

HSC
The reason Geography scales negatively is because many many stupid and/or people do it, quite a few of which should not have been in school past year ten. To make up for the fact that you will recieve a very comparatively high mark as opposed to these people, scaling reduces that so that most people are getting normal marks.

Other things like four unit maths are done by extremely smart people, all of whom will make you look bad, and the test itself is very difficult. Thus, it is scaled up extraordinarily high to create a normal statistical curve.

rev-ise

HSC
Well, considering it's 2 weeks today(tuesday, now) to the HSC Geography exam, I'm thinking I really should get studying Geo. now, to find all that stuff on ecosystems, from term 4 last year. I'm coming first in my Geo. class, so I think i'll do reasonably well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)