How's everyone's trial prep going? (1 Viewer)

Jig

HSC
Trying to memorise 3 essays atm for english and gonna wing Mod C, hoping for the best...

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Good luck. When is your trial?

Accurate

clix
HSC
Does memorizing essays still work for the new syllabus of English or are you guys still doing the old syllabus?

Jig

HSC
Does memorizing essays still work for the new syllabus of English or are you guys still doing the old syllabus?
Doing new syllabus. I'm gonna try to mould my essay to the question and hope it works, but memorizing definitely won't work for Mod C

Accurate

clix
HSC
I guess it's the best way to do it, molding it with the question, I do that for my exams too . How has the English syllabus changed though, is it harder? English is such a weak subject for me.

Jig

HSC
I guess it's the best way to do it, molding it with the question, I do that for my exams too . How has the English syllabus changed though, is it harder? English is such a weak subject for me.
Well for common module its not as much of an AOS, its super broad since its texts and human experiences, which literally encompasses everything. Mod A i reckon is more or less the same, i'm doing the same texts as my school has done for the past few years. Mod B is critical study of literature, so you pretty much have to know everything abt the text since they can ask you anything. And Mod C is probably the worst part, they can literally ask you do anything in relation to your text. They also introduced a new text type, discursive writing. No idea on how to go about doing that...

Bob Jane

HSC
Weird our school starts trials on the first week back

Bob Jane

HSC
So you've already had your trials. How'd you go? You must be pretty relieved it's over i'd imagine
The trials were pretty sweet, tho in hindsight probably shouldn't have crammed everything and gotten a little bit more sleep :)

and yeah the relief is the best part of course

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
The trials were pretty sweet, tho in hindsight probably shouldn't have crammed everything and gotten a little bit more sleep :)

and yeah the relief is the best part of course
Speaking of which, how did that Engineering trial go?

Jig

HSC
Ending up walking into the exam with two hours of sleep... turned out pretty well expecting 90+... though I im pretty stuffed for HSC cause really I haven't learnt anything
Oh you do engineering as well? I happen to be super trash at engineering lol. Im terrible at drawings and pretty much know near nothing for materials and stuff. Probably gonna mega cram when engineering paper comes close.

Bob Jane

HSC
Oh you do engineering as well? I happen to be super trash at engineering lol. Im terrible at drawings and pretty much know near nothing for materials and stuff. Probably gonna mega cram when engineering paper comes close.
Definitely wouldn't recommend cramming engineering, it was a awful experience. It only worked out for me cause I knew the questions.
You would be a lot better off breaking up the paper, e.g, learning all the math/physics part of the paper then move on to the drawing

Jig

HSC
Definitely wouldn't recommend cramming engineering, it was a awful experience. It only worked out for me cause I knew the questions.
You would be a lot better off breaking up the paper, e.g, learning all the math/physics part of the paper then move on to the drawing
oh man, I reckon for the mechanics and calculations I should be alright, since half of that you learn in physics advanced mechanics. Materials, I don't know what else to do but just cram. And drawings omg I'm so bad at, i'll probably skip it if its too difficult and come back at the end.

Bob Jane

HSC
oh man, I reckon for the mechanics and calculations I should be alright, since half of that you learn in physics advanced mechanics. Materials, I don't know what else to do but just cram. And drawings omg I'm so bad at, i'll probably skip it if its too difficult and come back at the end.
Don't feel too bad about the drawings cause they are only a small part of the exam most of the time
you should be fine :)

• Love
Reactions: Jig

Jig

HSC
My school (and most other public schools) has it 30% or 40%
Funnily enough, my English trials is worth 20%. But I think all my other subjects are close to that. Worrying that I haven't studied enough for my other subjects, since for the last 2 days i've been memorising my english essays.

Milo_

HSC
My trial timetable is absolutely disgusting lmao.

I start this Monday with English Paper 1 and Paper 2 on Tuesday. I have an IT Multimedia exam Wednesday, and 2U Maths on Thursday.

I have Thursday-Sunday until I start SOR next Monday... everything seems fine.

Until I found out I have Physics and Business Studies on the same day, the DAY AFTER SOR.

Wish you guys the best haha, at least my final timetable is really good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)