Hows it going? (2 Viewers)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
jumb said:
Communications, I'm guessing.

Agreed. Except our parking situation has to be one of the worst. If I was always guaranteed a legal park SOMEWHERE on uni grounds, I'd be content.
I agree, wtf is with the lack of parking?!
Oh yeah I found a stack of legal parks if you have classes over Hunter side, they're like near the student accomodation, so a bit of a walk past all these squash courts and through the bush and stuff but at least they're legal (make sure you read the signs)

Sucks when you're over Shortland side though :(

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
luscious-llama said:
Oh yeah I found a stack of legal parks if you have classes over Hunter side, they're like near the student accomodation, so a bit of a walk past all these squash courts and through the bush and stuff but at least they're legal (make sure you read the signs)
you only just found these?? Closest parks to the Griff Duncan Theatre...

Still, they get pretty packed by 8.40am

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
You have to applaud the creativity of some people with their inventing parking spots. :D

I parked in c15 last Monday, (turned up at 11) it's closer to the HGDT than you'd think.

darkliight

I ponder, weak and weary
HSC
N/A
I've had to 'invent' a few parking sometimes, only when I'm late and won't be there for long though. Can you get fined for not being in an 'official' spot though? I saw one of the parking guys fining someone the other day that wasn't in a legal spot, but I didn't know if it was because of that or because they didnt have a ticket.

I also want to know why the hell the uni is spending money on doing up the roof garden in the library instead of building a new carpark. Seriously, parking > more mozzie breeding grounds. :(

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
darkliight said:
Can you get fined for not being in an 'official' spot though?
Yeah, I have a friend who took advantage of having a 4wd in the back engineering car park and got a fine.

Although, on that note, another friend of mine told me today that he hasn't bought a parking permit yet, and he's there 5 days a week.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
I vote we change the uni's logo from that horse thing to a mozzie.....

They were vicious today... I think they were waiting in the trees for me to get out of my car.... I'm going to start walking around with the insect repellent in my hand I think!!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
The best one I saw was the toilets for the science lecture theatre. I was scared they would sting some sensitive parts :(

But yeah, they were everywhere in there.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
jumb said:
The best one I saw was the toilets for the science lecture theatre. I was scared they would sting some sensitive parts :(

But yeah, they were everywhere in there.
i agree. they are at their worst at the top of the hill near the great hall.

whenever i am in mcth i am constantly belting my arms and legs to stop them biting. And they're mutants. enormous and resistant to forceful smacks.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
The worst lecture one was in the ef room, because the air conditioning is fucked so they have to leave the doors open. That was way gay.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Agreed. Quite a nice drive in compared to yesterday, too.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
em_516 said:
are you kidding me?!! what time did you guys get in today?
it took me like, 40mins instead of 60 to get in today. There was only one or two major traffic bits, but the jesmond roundabout-> uni entry was the clearest I've ever seen it at that hour.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
oh right, so it still wasn't fantastic..i didn't go today, but i go for 1pm and it's an absolute BITCH every time! like, i'm pretty sure the continously circling cars freak out ANYONE walking towards a car haha..i successfully stalked a guy last week, that was cool :p but MY GOD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)