How's your time management going? (2 Viewers)

googled

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hi guys,

I'm starting to get a bit pissed off with my subjects, I think partially because of having a study timetable.

I was wandering if any of you actually have a timetable which is working. Having a timetable just seems to make me feel overwhelmed and I tend not to follow it, although without a timetable I seemed to be happier and studying more.

So what are you doing to manage your study time? Do you have regular sessions or just study when you feel like it?

This is only year 11 and I don't want to be 'burnt out'.

dukey

HSC
Do you use MSN?

I uninstalled MSN last week...
I lasted 3 days then installed it again lol

If you could permanently uninstall it, I suggest you do

googled

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I don't IM anymore, haven't all year. Giving it up is one of the best things I ever did.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
im still using msn. its good though coz im g etting help off 2005 hsc'ers :D

so win-win situation. lol but still distracting

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Having a study timetables can sometimes be a hiderance more then help, especially in year 11. If you need that freedom to study maybe before you start write down a list of what you want to achieve and how much time you are going to spend, works for me. ;)

IMing can be constructive but as we all know it can also be destructive.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
dukey said:
Do you use MSN?

I uninstalled MSN last week...
I lasted 3 days then installed it again lol

If you could permanently uninstall it, I suggest you do
:bomb: :'(

IM is one of the biggest distractions!!

HSC
i don't have a timetable. i don't want to feel that studying is a 'must' or else i'll just get tired of it. i study when i have to. meaning, i feel more comfortable with making a timetable for myself just before exams.

googled

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Thanks everyone for your posts. So I guess I will just see how things go. Although, I do want to do well and I guess it is just a matter of keeping balance.

ign0r4mus

HSC
i find it best not to use the computer at all whilst i am studying. Its also best to find a place away from most distractions, particularly technological distractions, eg fone, internet, tv.

as for study timetables, it works for some and for some it doesnt. Depends whether you are good at following things. I tried it once. Didnt last a day. its best to try and keep urself in mindset that 'if i really want good marks, i MUST study'. try not to burn urself out tho. rewarding yourself after good amounts of study can help.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
My time management looks pretty bad right now, that has to be improved :p

w00dy.

HSC
i list and prioritise all homework, and study, the stuff that needs to be done first and all that, it seems to be working so far, and im maintaining a relatively good mark in next to all of my subjects.

but in the end everyone has their own weaknesses and strengths, you just have to find what suits you best and run with it:)

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
My time management is going so well, I still have to stay up till 1 am to finish an assignment due that day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)