HPT Hazard Perception Test (1 Viewer)

HSC
Getting Green Ps

I dont know where to put this, but here will do cos lots of people will see it, and its "non-school".

So i sorta feel like a loser asking for tips on getting green ps cos apparently its heaps easy, but anyone got any tips on how to ace it first go? Anyone fail first time??? Anyone fail second time?

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Re: Getting Green Ps

lol. whenever you see any movement at all on the quiet residential street theme, press the button to slow down. at the intersection, in almost all scenarios, in fact if you're lucky, all scenarios, don't press anything. doesn't matter if it looks tempting to go most likely there is something behind that line of waiting cars or trucks. that's about all you need to know. they give to practise questions on each scenario before hand and you're set. that's the advice i gave to two girls and they passed first go. it's dead set the easiest test you can get.

HSC

Thanks for posting all those links for me, you're a champ.

So yeah I read all that, and what i gathered was

1. Dont touch the screen to turn right at all, unless there is absolutely nothing coming the other way

2. in the ones you need to slow down for touch the screen straight away.

Any other major things i need to know?

I'm gonna go tomorrow after work. if i fail (i bloody hope i dont) i will go on tuesday after work. if i fail again, i will go on wednesday etc etc til i run out of money haha.

LOL pity about that $33 just to try it, then $66 to get the licence. yay i can get a new licence pic!

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC

wow yep you got it all!! just do that. except, MAYBE, i know it's probably a shoe in if you do your steps 1 and 2. but maybe in the scenarios where you press teh screen to slow down, dont press it right away because they might think you are overly cautious. i forget what i did, but maybe just wait until an obvious 'hazard' comes up. this includes corners, parked cars, kids, etc.

yeah the $100 is a fucken rip off i agree.

*Lozzie*

HSC

my sis failed twice but she did it about a month after they brought in the test and she was living in sydney and didnt drive much, from what ive heard its easy to pass if youve had plenty of driving experience

Optophobia

HSC

Roll_Your_Eyes said:
2. in the ones you need to slow down for touch the screen straight away.
No.

I found that out the hard way. You do NOT do that.

My advice for this test is the same advice for all tests; ignore what anyone on this website says. If someone on BOS says to do 'A', then naturally 'B' is the correct thing to do.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC

Optophobia said:
No.

I found that out the hard way. You do NOT do that.

My advice for this test is the same advice for all tests; ignore what anyone on this website says. If someone on BOS says to do 'A', then naturally 'B' is the correct thing to do.
oh okay. so do just the opposite of what you just instructed?? so then taking the advice from others on BOS? load of bullshit.

CieL

HSC

LOL I find Optophobia's advice ironic...

They're a BOS member.... does that mean I should disregard their advice too?

Opto says 'no', I think I'll do 'yes' =]

princesspink51

HSC

I got my greens today. 2 questions that surprised me were:
1) video of dark road and a yellow sign indicating a sharp turn up ahead. So you were expected to slow down when u saw the yellow sign.
2) daylight and going through a suburban area and you needed to slow down when u saw another sharp bend in the road.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

i pressed the screen as soon as it started if it was a press the screen to slow down scenario. I justified it by the fact that the cars were doing too close to the speed limit for my liking, and as going 40km in a 50 zone isnt against the law, theres no reason to not drive slow the whole time.

With the press screen when you turn ones, all bar one i didnt press the screen. In the one i did, there was a massive gap, completely clear so i thought i would skip my own rules and go and it was fine.

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC

man haven't been BoS for a LONG time. MAN MY TEST WAS FUCKED UP HARD. the monitor was like the shittest one u could get..so when u press slow down...it fucking won't..i practically had to hit it. But yeah i failed my p2..doing again 2morrow. i agree the prices are fucking ridiculous and so are dese tests. dey dun mean shit. I know ALOT of friends who get everything first go, and have crashed MANY times i.e (3-6). I got L's first go, p's on 4th (had 10/15 hrs experience,hidden stop signs infront of RTA's and speeding.)
but i've never crashed or come near crashing, these tests just wanna rip u off so bad.
FUcking as IF some videos are going to help you improve your driving.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC

^ Agreed
The website goes something like "Studies have shown that video testing can reveal hazard perception skills as if you were actually driving with that driver". Fucking RTA. HOW ABOUT GOING FOR AN ACTUAL DRIVE?

back on topic, my green's are booked for wednesday at macquarie center.

Niksta123

HSC
Green P's test...

Can some1 who has done their green P's test tell me what you have to do...is it easy? how long does it take...anything you can tell me??

thanks

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Re: Green P's test...

what you have to do is not press the screen in scenarios when they tell you to press the screen when its safe to make a turn or safe to overtake, and press the screen straight away in scenarios when they tell you to slow down for an obstacle.

We have about 28 threads on this in the cars forum, do we really need another one here?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

Serius said:
what you have to do is not press the screen in scenarios when they tell you to press the screen when its safe to make a turn or safe to overtake, and press the screen straight away in scenarios when they tell you to slow down for an obstacle.
God I've got issues with this test, it doesn't feel or look much like actual driving and it's just so completely goddamned pointless, and there's like a whole entirely serious government department behind it that somehow manages to be completely oblivious to how absurd it is :D

Plus if it's deemed necessary to pass a test before we get a particular license then why are red p-platers allowed to drive at all? :D

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC

Serius said:

We have about 28 threads on this in the cars forum, do we really need another one here?
^ Best advice. I failed first time around by actually trying to do it properly. The second time around I did as above and passed no worries.

Pace_T

HSC

im not sure if the above posts were getting at this but there might be a few trick questions where you don't even need to touch the screen at all in the clip since there are no safe gaps at all. apart from that, be overcautious and you should pass no sweat

CieL

HSC

It's shit easy.
I didnt have much of an idea of what the test was going to be like until I did the two practice questions before the main HPT..

It's random shit like if you see a woman with a pram who looks like she's going to dart into the road, you press the screen to slow down..

Um.. they give you an example of an intersection.. you're turning right and it's one of those circle green lights which indicate turn right when you feel it's safe.. but in the scenario there's a truck blocking vision of the two lanes in front of you so you can't really see where it's safe.. so you just DONT touch the screen..

Sometimes your screen can be not sensitive.. I remember in my practice tests, I touched the screen and nothing happened.. and it asked me if I touched the screen or not.. so in the actual test I made sure to use two fingers to jab and hold it onto the screen for like a second..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)