HR Cycle and Outsourcing (1 Viewer)

Redyapper

HSC
N/A
Hi,

Just wondering what impact outsourcing (specifically outsourcing IT) could affect the HR Cycle? I suppose for Separation it could be the potential domestic jobs that are lost.... but I'm a bit stuck for the 4 stages in the cycle :/

Thanks in advance

Examine

same
HSC
If a business outsources a particular function doesn't it mean that the external business takes care of most of the HR cycle?

Redyapper

HSC
N/A
If a business outsources a particular function doesn't it mean that the external business takes care of most of the HR cycle?
If the business is only outsourcing the IT activities, HR still remains within the company- it's only IT that has been outsourced by this company.

Examine

same
HSC
If the business is only outsourcing the IT activities, HR still remains within the company- it's only IT that has been outsourced by this company.
Yeah but the external business should take care of the HR cycle for that IT function.

Examine

same
HSC
I guess the point I'm trying to make is that if you outsource a particular function you can focus on managing other functions more effectively, as well as reducing costs (in comparison to having to go through the HR cycle).

Last edited:

Redyapper

HSC
N/A
I guess the point I'm trying to make is that if you outsource a particular function you can focus on managing other functions more effectively, as well as reducing costs (in comparison to having to go through the HR cycle).
Ohhhh so just to make sure I get it, once you outsource, say, IT, the 3rd party deals with HR for those involved in the IT work? Thanks for answering!

Examine

same
HSC
Ohhhh so just to make sure I get it, once you outsource, say, IT, the 3rd party deals with HR for those involved in the IT work? Thanks for answering!
Pretty much. Think of it this way. Apple Inc. outsources its manufacturing function to Foxconn (in China). Since they outsource this function they do not need to recruit, train and maintain workers since Foxconn deals with that, while Apple Inc. is just hiring their services for that function and therefore don't need to deal with those matters. Because of this, the company can focus on their other business functions as well as not having to spend as much for their HR strategy efforts

Last edited:

Redyapper

HSC
N/A
Pretty much. Think of it this wsay. Apple Inc. outsources its manufacturing function to Foxconn (in China). Since they outsource this function they do not need to recruit, train and maintain workers since Foxconn deals with that, while Apple Inc. is just hiring their services for that function and therefore don't need to deal with those matters. Because of this, the cimpany can focus on their other business functions as well as not having to spend as much for their HR strategy efforts
Righhhtt Thanks so much!

aandrew

HSC
N/A
human resources outsourcing

Right! It depends on department which you are outsourcing. Outsourcing service takes care of the activity within the outsourced department.

arnoldous

HSC
N/A

It's not right ,Because most of time HR care the internal business. external business depend on our product and in our organization.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)